Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #471
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Can’t tell much from short clips...but I did enjoy watching him attack the rim. We had a 6’11” center that might be leaving that barely did that.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #472
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Per source "2019 G/F Marcus Domask (6-6) of Waupun Wisconsin has narrowed his list down to five schools -- Cincinnati, Loyola, NKU, Southern Illinois and Wright State. He visited Wright State last weekend and will visit Southern Illinois and Cincinnati this weekend. "

This kid was a previous NKU commit under JB and then re opened his recruitment when JB took the UC job. So I understand why JB would reach out to him but for the love of god if we can't win a kid over from these other 4 schools. He averaged 26.8 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 5.8 apg while shooting 62% fg, 80% ft, and 48% 3pt. He was also 2nd team all state in Wisconsin two years in a row.

I don't understand how we are competing with the horizon league for recruits. It has nothing to do with this kid, its in general over what I have seen in the last few weeks of players we have visiting. They all have offers from mid-low majors.... and UC. Cameron Justice chose Western Kentucky over UC. I am not busting JB's balls over this because he had a late start on recruiting so I am optometric about the future but I hope this will not be a trend moving forward.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #473
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Looks like we are looking at a kid Chris Maidoh. 6' 10" and seems to be a kid similar to a Diara mold. No offer yet from us as far as I can tell but a late bloomer 2019 guy. Seems to run and jump like a deer and from what it sounds like can at least hit a 3. Length for blocks looks real good. Looks like he might be able to dribble a little too. Doesn't look like he has a polished inside game but he can run the court extremely well.

From the videos out there he seems to check off a lot of boxes. Needs weight training but so does Diara. Seems like a very excitable guy! If Brooks should decide to go I would have no problem putting him on the squad right now.

I'm actually impressed
Hasn’t Diarra now had 2 years of training at UC? I look at the progress & change in body composition of a lot of our players after like 6 months & it’s noticeable - what is taking so long? He should know the game & be a beast by now
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #474
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Per source "2019 G/F Marcus Domask (6-6) of Waupun Wisconsin has narrowed his list down to five schools -- Cincinnati, Loyola, NKU, Southern Illinois and Wright State. He visited Wright State last weekend and will visit Southern Illinois and Cincinnati this weekend. "

This kid was a previous NKU commit under JB and then re opened his recruitment when JB took the UC job. So I understand why JB would reach out to him but for the love of god if we can't win a kid over from these other 4 schools. He averaged 26.8 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 5.8 apg while shooting 62% fg, 80% ft, and 48% 3pt. He was also 2nd team all state in Wisconsin two years in a row.

I don't understand how we are competing with the horizon league for recruits. It has nothing to do with this kid, its in general over what I have seen in the last few weeks of players we have visiting. They all have offers from mid-low majors.... and UC. Cameron Justice chose Western Kentucky over UC. I am not busting JB's balls over this because he had a late start on recruiting so I am optometric about the future but I hope this will not be a trend moving forward.
Yah. I think this guy would not be great. He can shoot but looks slow and looks like he has bad handles. I’ll pass on him. Can stand and shoot but probably a liability on D
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #475
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Hasn’t Diarra now had 2 years of training at UC? I look at the progress & change in body composition of a lot of our players after like 6 months & it’s noticeable - what is taking so long? He should know the game & be a beast by now
Yah... I think it’s just putting on weight for him. He’s the one who needs the chicken nuggets
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #476
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I'm right with you on Diarra, but Diarra looks like MJ on offense compared to Nsoseme. Nsoseme has the worst offensive game of any player I can remember at UC.

41.7% around the rim. that's unbelievably bad.
Adam H.?
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #477
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Adam H.?

I'd have a hard time believing he was worse, but honestly i try not to remember back that far.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #478
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I'm sorry. This is one of the most depressing pieces of recruiting news I have ever read.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #479
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Adam H.?
Adam h was good at his role
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #480
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I'd have a hard time believing he was worse, but honestly i try not to remember back that far.
Adam H.....hands down, not even close.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote