Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
OT - Dez Wells Suing Xavier, Fr. Graham

Good for him, hope he wins.

Never a dull summer over there at Norwood Prep.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2...-suing-xavier/
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
UCDave a little geography lesson. Xavier is not now or ever has been located in Niorwood.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I wish he would have stuck it to Xavier by going to Cincinnati... that dude can play. Old news though, I know. Good for him.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
UCDave a little geography lesson. Xavier is not now or ever has been located in Niorwood.
Actually you are wrong: East of Pacific Ave and north of Cleary are part of Norwood. Just like Rookwood is part of Norwood. I don't have a dog in this fight but you sound like a jerk when you make blanket statements like the one you just did. They have a building here along with parking. Besides I'm not sure if not being Norwood is a better option in that area then being in Norwood.

http://www.zipmap.net/Ohio/Hamilton_County/Norwood.htm

Have a great day though.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Rooting for Dez, hope he wins millions!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Get it right, it's Narwood. It's where the N stands for knowledge and the O stands for honor. I think y'all need a lesson from me, a native Norwoodian...........
Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
Actually you are wrong: East of Pacific Ave and north of Cleary are part of Norwood. Just like Rookwood is part of Norwood. I don't have a dog in this fight but you sound like a jerk when you make blanket statements like the one you just did. They have a building here along with parking. Besides I'm not sure if not being Norwood is a better option in that area then being in Norwood.

http://www.zipmap.net/Ohio/Hamilton_County/Norwood.htm

Have a great day though.
bearcatrunner Xavier is not in Norwood. Grew up there and still have family there. How about we bet a soda on it.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Here's the thing I don't get. To earn money in a lawsuit you have to show that the wrongdoing cost you money. I guess his argument is his reputation is tarnished and that could cost him money down the road, but until actual money is lost you can't go by speculation. He's not in the job market yet, nor is he even allowed making money based on his amateur status. I can actually agree with his wanting of the expulsion dropped or at least clarified if there is a stipulation it is tied to rape, but the monetary end of it seems frivilous. My guess is nothing comes of this. Maybe Xavier, to avoid going through the publicity of any court proceedings, will clarify his expulsion to appease him. There is no way he gets a dime out of this.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Get it right, it's Narwood. It's where the N stands for knowledge and the O stands for honor. I think y'all need a lesson from me, a native Norwoodian...........
jack grew up there myself. Went to ST. Matt's. and attended Norwood High School. Still head to the mound for a drink every now and then. When GM was up and running it was a great place to grow up. X is not in Norwood and still isn't. Don't know how that makes me sound like a jerk. Don't like when people insult Norwood by insinuating X resides there. Fact is its in avondale.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
jack grew up there myself. Went to ST. Matt's. and attended Norwood High School. Still head to the mound for a drink every now and then. When GM was up and running it was a great place to grow up. X is not in Norwood and still isn't. Don't know how that makes me sound like a jerk. Don't like when people insult Norwood by insinuating X resides there. Fact is its in avondale.
People make fun if Clifton, but Avondale is much worse. Norwood is starting to make a comeback, now that they filled in the other part of Rookwood and the tenants of the old part now have to pay taxes, as their ten year amnesty is over. I think they realized after GM that you can't rely on one company to run the economy of a whole neighborhood, because if they start to struggle, so does the neighborhood. They now have food, some healthcare, a booming company in Paycor that just moved in, and some clothing stores. Just read in the paper the other day that they are $900,000 over budget and cuts will have to be made to help Norwood get by until they start to get some revenue from the new businesses. I still can't believe we didn't pass the street levy, the roads are terrible. I don't think you sound like a jerk, I agree with you. I went to Holy Trinity before it closed down, it is pretty hard to believe Norwood went from 3 Catholic Schools to none.