Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #31
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The PG can react to any rebound and has a shot at most other than right around the bucket. Parker (even though he wasn't rebounding from PG) had a great nose for the ball and had great timing. If Caupain is like Parker...Mick is going to love him...provided there are low turnovers.
Problem with this idea is that who is going to get back on defense if we don't get that rebound. You would have to teach the wings to go cover the middle of the court at that point.

I am so sick of watching guys on the wings shoot a shot that misses and not follow that shot. Your already in the area go for the rebound instead of jogging up the court slowly. Man we miss a ton of second shots because of this. At least hound the guy who got the rebound to slow him down and then you can sprint up the court.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #32
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I respectfully disagree here. The first 8 games are usually OOC and the easiest and the perfect time to experiment with a young team and get all your guys in the game to see their potential. Now if there is a clear cut favorite...then let them get the expereince before conference play if they are young.
I forgot to mention this was the case if he goes with a freshman point guard. If Mick goes the Troy route I want him seeing significant minutes in OOC.
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #33
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha23 View Post
I forgot to mention this was the case if he goes with a freshman point guard. If Mick goes the Troy route I want him seeing significant minutes in OOC.
Yea I agree. Have to get him up to speed as much as possible before conference play starts. Obviously bigger games like Pitt, Nc State, Xavier and New Mexico you will have to monitor his minutes but I just dont think GG is good enough to lead this team as the starting point.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #34
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
I know everyone is excited about the new guys, but I really hope some of the older guys stap up. I mean, the entire class of 2011 has underperformed. Guyn, Shaq, JDIII, Sanders.... It's about time one or two of them become a crucial part of the team
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #35
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C I N C Y View Post
So Jerry Meyer from 247 tweets that Rhode Island is recruting terrell harder than uc. Tweeted this last week in response to a question. Terrell stated he wanted to come this weekend for a visit. Moorman becomes eligibl and Terrell is not visiting. That adds up to uc backed off. Little bit. Jd 111, Johnson,moorman all are shooting guards and two freshman. There are only so many minutes. He can go to Rhode Island in his back yard and be the man from day one. I would be willing to bet uc is not going after carrington that hard either. Why would mick have 4 two guards? There is more of need for a face up 4 man and wing. I understand everyone wanted Terrell including myself but you cannot have that many guys at the same spot. Carrington is not coming either IMO.
Johnson has a point guard build and after a year of learning how to play point, he could be solid there. He is only 6'1-6'2ish (media guides list him at 6'2-6'3), he is already a decent passer, and he has speed and the ability to score. I think they will at least consider moving him to point.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Johnson has a point guard build and after a year of learning how to play point, he could be solid there. He is only 6'1-6'2ish (media guides list him at 6'2-6'3), he is already a decent passer, and he has speed and the ability to score. I think they will at least consider moving him to point.
I sure hope we get a true PG in the next class. These combo guards drive me nuts.
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #37
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
I sure hope we get a true PG in the next class. These combo guards drive me nuts.
Agreed.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #38
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Troy is not a combo guard...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Troy is not a combo guard...
I understand what you are saying, but some sites did list him as an SG while we were recruiting him. He is pretty big for a PG, but his skill set fits the PG position very well. Snider is a pure PG, there is no debate about what he is.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #40
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by All we do is Guyn View Post
I know everyone is excited about the new guys, but I really hope some of the older guys stap up. I mean, the entire class of 2011 has underperformed. Guyn, Shaq, JDIII, Sanders.... It's about time one or two of them become a crucial part of the team
JD III has not underperformed...he was injured and didn't play last year...freshman year, he was nothing to write home about, but he was a frosh, and showed flashes of higher level play.
I expect huge strides this year - I think (hope) he'll be a major contributor.
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote