Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
What would you do?

So we have lost 2 big games in a row and 3 of our last five. We are 24-5 which is an awesome record. I personally feel the boys need a fire lit under them right now. We can't lose the Memphis game or Rutgers game. I don't care what seed we are but we have to get the co-championship at worst.

I say kick them out of the locker room and make them take off that Cincnnati gear. While they have had a great season they have not been playing like a great team the last few weeks. They could do some real damage and need to hustle for every ball. That last Louisville game should have been ours. We played some lazy defense at the end of that one. No way they should have gotten off those three easy shots at the end.

I'm proud of the team and I just want to see them take it another step so that maybe, just maybe they can reach their full potential which I think is final four material. It is much easier to be the underdog and they need to get that hunger back.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
You deal with each team differently. I don't have the feel for this team like Mick Cronin and the staff do but I like that he is mixing up line ups in practice this week to make it harder to score in practice. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is handle success. They got a little complacent so make it tougher in practice and that toughness translates in a game.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Every team is different as far as what they will respond to. Given they've already massively exceeded my expectations I have confidence Mick will push the right buttons.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
"Get up off my feet and stop making tired excuses"
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
haha damnit beat me to it
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure there is anything a coach can do to 3 seniors in the last 2 regular season games of their career. I think those 3 are going to be ready to go and the team will follow them. Player leaders always have more influence in the locker room than coaches do.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
So... sit down?
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote