Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #361
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Javonte Hawkins is transferring from USF, we were recruiting him out of high school could be interest again. Small forward with 2 years left.
Highly doubt it since we're in the same conference.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #362
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
Highly doubt it since we're in the same conference.
That is not a deal breaker for all conferences. I honestly don't know what the AAC policy is. I do know that a Michigan offensive lineman transferred a couple years ago to Ohio State so if that can happen, barring any conference rules, anything can happen.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #363
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
That is not a deal breaker for all conferences. I honestly don't know what the AAC policy is. I do know that a Michigan offensive lineman transferred a couple years ago to Ohio State so if that can happen, barring any conference rules, anything can happen.
AAC policy is sit a year AND lose a year of eligibility.

Like I said, not likely.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #364
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
AAC policy is sit a year AND lose a year of eligibility.

Like I said, not likely.
Yeah,

Based on that policy I don't see it happening either. Sitting a year is no big deal but losing that year of eligibility definitely is.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #365
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
Would I have been happy to have him yes for the simple fact is I was hoping he is a sharpshooter.

Am I sad he is not a cat - No because he had off the field issues, which happens with a lot of kids but not something we really need on this team. I like having a pretty clean program that wins. I really, really do. It is nice to win and be able to hold you head up high instead of having to defend it.

I have no idea if he backed off on us or we did on him. Doesn't really matter. I do remember a point in time when we missed out on several prospects and settled for a kid out of the cleveland area because he was only like 5 foot 10. The kids shot over 50% from three and nailed 90% of his free throws and at the time I was just thrilled because we had Keith Legree who couldn't hit a foul shot to save his life. I hope we find another diamond in the rough like that.

Time to move on people. Best of luck to you kid at Houston.

Last edited by bearcatrunner; 04-21-2014 at 01:57 PM.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #366
bearcats5

bearcats5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Jeff Eisenberg ‏@JeffEisenberg
Schools vying for USC transfer Byron Wesley per his AAU coach: Cincy, Baylor, Indiana, Providence, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Pitt, OK State.
Wesley's father giving his early take on the situation:

"Wesley said he has no favorites at this early stage in the process, but his father gives a slight nod to Gonzaga, Pittsburgh and Michigan State at this stage because those three schools are best set up to win next season and have playing time available."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...medium=twitter
bearcats5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #367
bearcats5

bearcats5 is on a distinguished road
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein: USC transfer Byron Wesley will meet with several head coaches over the next two days and then cut his list, he told @CBSSports.
bearcats5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #368
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Jeremy Hollowell transfers to Georgia State
Per zags
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #369
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Anybody think we end up with Martin and pocket the second schooly?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #370
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Anybody think we end up with Martin and pocket the second schooly?
I'm hoping we land at least one more by summer. Doesn't even have to be someone that can play immediately. I just like the comfort of knowing we have high quality players coming in any given year.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote