Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Final Scholarship

With one to give at this point, and always the possibility of two, let's talk about where they go. To me it's one of the three:

pg
wing shooter/scorer
center

Everyone is talking about Anas Mahmoud. He seems to fit the Mick Cronin prototype and by all accounts he is very skilled for a big man. Don't know much about him but highly skilled 5 man in a rarity.

Kobe Eubanks would be a nice get for the wing. He is being pursued by some big brands and unless some pieces fell the Bearcats way it's not likely to happen.

Jordan Green out of Lexington can play the 3 and is a decent shooter but he needs to work on his handle. With Indiana, Butler, and UL are in the mix.

Sterling Taplin out of E. Amhearst NY is an interesting pg prospect to me. He shoots the ball well, rebounds and has very good vision and ball handling skills.

Anthony Allen is a good juco center prospect and I think it's probably UC, Oklahoma and OK St. right now.

Kaison Randolph is another under the radar pg prospect from New Jersey but needs to improve his shooting.

Locally I've heard UC is involved with Tyonte Robertson of Withrow as a pg prospect and wing Roderick Mills from St. X.

I haven't been as in touch the past year but these are some less noted guys maybe some of the other fellas could add comment to.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
With one to give at this point, and always the possibility of two, let's talk about where they go. To me it's one of the three:

pg
wing shooter/scorer
center

Everyone is talking about Anas Mahmoud. He seems to fit the Mick Cronin prototype and by all accounts he is very skilled for a big man. Don't know much about him but highly skilled 5 man in a rarity.

Kobe Eubanks would be a nice get for the wing. He is being pursued by some big brands and unless some pieces fell the Bearcats way it's not likely to happen.

Jordan Green out of Lexington can play the 3 and is a decent shooter but he needs to work on his handle. With Indiana, Butler, and UL are in the mix.

Sterling Taplin out of E. Amhearst NY is an interesting pg prospect to me. He shoots the ball well, rebounds and has very good vision and ball handling skills.

Anthony Allen is a good juco center prospect and I think it's probably UC, Oklahoma and OK St. right now.

Kaison Randolph is another under the radar pg prospect from New Jersey but needs to improve his shooting.

Locally I've heard UC is involved with Tyonte Robertson of Withrow as a pg prospect and wing Roderick Mills from St. X.

I haven't been as in touch the past year but these are some less noted guys maybe some of the other fellas could add comment to.
I think your pretty much spot on with all them but IMO I believe we are going hard after Anas Mahmoud and if we don't get him we will get Anthony Allen I think we are in a very good spot with him. I believe are last scolly will be a center because in 2015 recruiting Mick is going hard after PG so no need to take a project in 2014 that won't play.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
I think they go big guy if they can. The front line needs depth. I would take either Allen or Anas at this stage. I'd probably like to learn more about Anas's game. If Eubanks somehow fell to them I would be ecstatic. Big time scorer on the wing. Never can have too many of those. I also think there will be another player that pops up that we havent heard of yet. Just seems to be the cycle.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

I know we have 2 scolly's left for this year and we need a shooter but the last scolly could go to a big with experience so I was thinking what about Greg Wittington that used to play for Georgetown he was supposed to transfer to Rutgers but that has fell through also Cleveland Melvin has left DePaul and we recruited him out of high school but both players with good experience for are young team next year.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I know we have 2 scolly's left for this year and we need a shooter but the last scolly could go to a big with experience so I was thinking what about Greg Wittington that used to play for Georgetown he was supposed to transfer to Rutgers but that has fell through also Cleveland Melvin has left DePaul and we recruited him out of high school but both players with good experience for are young team next year.
Cleveland Melvin is a senior. He is done. I don't know about Wittington but wasn't he suspended for academics multiple times?
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Cleveland Melvin is a senior. He is done. I don't know about Wittington but wasn't he suspended for academics multiple times?
If your a senior don't you get a extra year for being a grad student if you transfer? And as far as Wittington idk what's up with his grades but maybe change of place might help him plus everytime we played Georgetown he would be a beast and have a lot of energy down low could be Jackson replacement.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #7
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
If your a senior don't you get a extra year for being a grad student if you transfer? And as far as Wittington idk what's up with his grades but maybe change of place might help him plus everytime we played Georgetown he would be a beast and have a lot of energy down low could be Jackson replacement.
Melvin played 4 years. He's done...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Melvin played 4 years. He's done...
Ok thanks for clearing up but darn that sucks to quit in the middle of your senior year.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Are we still in on Graham? or is his recruitment done?
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I think best case is Anas Mahmoud and torian graham obviously but I think at the end of the day graham is a wildcat or tiger (Missouri) and Mahmoud seems to be a wild card. The name to me that keeps popping up is JaQuan Lyle. Now I'm gonna mention him and people are gonna interpret as I'm saying we are a favorite but I am not. Simply put other than Oklahoma state who will most likely lost Marcus Smart after this season the schools recruiting lyles the heaviest are back logged in the back court unless you consider Baylor a threat to sign him. With graham getting in the trouble he did I have heard we have backed off him (smart move) considerably. We are on lyles radar clearly if a shoot out on twitter is any indication. Now he isn't the shooter we may need but would give us a combo guard even though he is considered a PG we would use him at the 2 more than not. All I'm saying is in my book our options aren't as limited as it may seem.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote