Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
UCF Round 2

Game is on Wednesday on ESPNU at 7pm.

Just get a win and move on to the HUGE game on Saturday against Louisville.

I think the UCF can give UC some trouble with their interior play, they've got this huge kid that is built like a smart car. He could be trouble.

Cincinnati will pull away late.

Cincinnati 71, Central Florida 64.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post

I think the UCF can give UC some trouble with their interior play, they've got this huge kid that is built like a smart car. He could be trouble.

I'm trying to remember to when we played them at home if he was the guy that just threw his weight around but wasn't very skilled. If so, JJ needs to watch his fouls and hope the refs call that guy for a few instead. Hopefully Mick can chirp in their ears from the start to watch what he does down low.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post

I can't wait NTS. I live in Orlando...so I finally get to see my favorite team play in real life. I wanted to go to USF but had other obligations...it broke my heart.

I have a friend here with some connections so I am going all out on this ticket. I know I will be on the box level but not sure if it's a private box or open box. What I do know is that it's the only place you can get drinks in the arena.

Let's re-consider watching a game at the Shoe for a moment. I think at some point in time I heard UC was one of only about 5 on campus facilities to serve alcohol at BB and FB games. College students can appreciate that
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
UCF just won their first game since Jan 4 yesterday, ending a 9-game losing streak. Yeah, it's in their arena, but we SHOULD win by double digits. Other than some solid rebounders, they are a bad team, pure and simple. Been a while since we've seen our guys play 40 minutes of great basketball. Hopefully that happens Wednesday.

UC 74
UCF 56
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #5
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
This is a classic TRAP game for the Cats. Gotta make sure we come out focused and get the job done and we can't start looking ahead to Louisville until after we secure the W
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We have no more "comfort" games left this year. No more at home games against the bottom tier of the AAC. We are either on the road, against a top 5 team in the conference, or in a tourney.

Here are the over under numbers I would be content with...

3 regular season wins

1 conference tourney win

2 NCAA tourney wins

Anything above these number I would be extremely happy with. Anything less I would be disappointed. First up UCF...I will finally get to see these guys play in person.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
BearcatsHoops

BearcatsHoops is on a distinguished road
I think the main issue of this game that no one has addressed....we have to suffer through two hours of basketball on that awful court! I'm tired of these schools that want to be different with their courts.

With that said, I think UC comes out and handles their business and leaves with a win. Road conference games should never be taken lightly (SMU at Temple. And UC at Temple for that matter), but I think UC will learn from the SMU game and go down there ready to take names. I imagine UC will be a double digit favorite for what it's worth.
BearcatsHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
UCF is a pretty good offensive rebounding team limiting their second chances should be a key. I'm going with 71-61 Cats - JL, TC, & KJ get some good minutes in this one.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #9
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Vegas currently has UC as favorites by 6.5 tomorrow. Seems a little low, if you ask me.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Vegas currently has UC as favorites by 6.5 tomorrow. Seems a little low, if you ask me.
Road games margins:
Memphis 16
Houston 1
USF 7
Temple 4
Louisville 3
Avg: 6.2

Seems like a fair line to me...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote