Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #1181
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Our second chapter in our season is about to begin, conference play. I think it comes down to these games:

Home games:
SMU
WSU

Away games:
Temple
SMU
UCF
Houston
WSU

I think SMU and WSU are the only two teams that have the power to beat us in our own gym. I think UCONN and Memphis suck. It's still fun always beating those two teams anyways, especially UCONN. Even in their down years it still feels like pretty decent wins. Let's hope we win those two home games I refer to. This leaves us with 2 extremely hard road games and 3 semi-hard road games. We cant afford to lose more than 2. I think we can do it!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #1182
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Our second chapter in our season is about to begin, conference play. I think it comes down to these games:

Home games:
SMU
WSU

Away games:
Temple
SMU
UCF
Houston
WSU

I think SMU and WSU are the only two teams that have the power to beat us in our own gym. I think UCONN and Memphis suck. It's still fun always beating those two teams anyways, especially UCONN. Even in their down years it still feels like pretty decent wins. Let's hope we win those two home games I refer to. This leaves us with 2 extremely hard road games and 3 semi-hard road games. We cant afford to lose more than 2. I think we can do it!
Agree with this...I think 5-2 in these 7 games is a realistic expectation
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #1183
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Home games:
SMU
WSU

Away games:
Temple
SMU
UCF
Houston
WSU

Yeah, I like conference play. Every game seems like a big game. Even if the team sucks, the win still means something. Hopefully, we can keep getting better and not lose more than 2 games. I would love to win the regular season or the conference tourney this year (or both). Beating UCONN is always fun. They had no problem beating us when we were down, nice to return the favor.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:58 AM   #1184
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Home games:
SMU
WSU

Away games:
Temple
SMU
UCF
Houston
WSU

i just really wish the @temple and home vs smu games weren't so early in the schedule.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #1185
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i just really wish the @temple and home vs smu games weren't so early in the schedule.
I am ready to see what we are made of. I like it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #1186
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I am ready to see what we are made of. I like it
yea but they might be games where we need cane for 30+ minutes, and that currently isn't a possibility.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #1187
GarradJ21
Epic Member

It currently is a possibility. Cronin just doesn't allow it.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #1188
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
therefore isn't currently a possibility
Old 12-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #1189
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
therefore isn't currently a possibility
Lol good point.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #1190
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He played 27 against X and 28 against Florida. From my view he could have played 40 in each of those games and the outcome would have been the same.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote