Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #101
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Evans

Well, it looks like Evans is going to the NBA, and going in the first round. What I can't get my head wrapped around is how the NBA scouts feel he is an NBA talent, when the guy only averaged about 13.5 points per game against medium opposition for the most part.
. If he has that much talent, he was not used properly, restricted in some way, when this was a team that needed scoring. Just don't understand!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #102
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Well, it looks like Evans is going to the NBA, and going in the first round. What I can't get my head wrapped around is how the NBA scouts feel he is an NBA talent, when the guy only averaged about 13.5 points per game against medium opposition for the most part.
. If he has that much talent, he was not used properly, restricted in some way, when this was a team that needed scoring. Just don't understand!
1. There is more to the game than points per game. He is one of the more well rounded players in college basketball this last year. Something Cronin is great at developing. See Clark, Gary.
2. UC had several scoring options this year, thus limiting his opportunities.
3. One knock on him is his lack of assertiveness, thus limiting his points per game.
4. His game (shooting threes, athleticism, defense) is valuable in the NBA.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #103
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you don't understand basketball, this isn't news.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #104
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Kawhi Leonard scored just 15 a game on a far less talented team and look at him in the NBA.

Evans could be a standout supporting role player on a winning team who knows how to develop players.

I think the warriors draft him and try to groom him as a klay Thompson replacement. They won’t be able to afford him forever
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #105
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

he's valuable as a draft pick because of his defense. nba covets guys that can guard both guard positions as well as the 3. read the write ups on evans, they don't praise his offense, they praise him as a defender.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #106
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Unfuckingbelievable
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #107
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Maybe just trust the NBA scouts on this one.

Evans will be in the NBA for a long time.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #108
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Unfuckingbelievable
Yea, pretty much my thoughts
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #109
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
he's valuable as a draft pick because of his defense. nba covets guys that can guard both guard positions as well as the 3. read the write ups on evans, they don't praise his offense, they praise him as a defender.
Actually most of the write ups I've read have talked about him being a good 3 point shooter. He needs to work on his offensive game, but are we really gonna pretend he can't go both ways?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #110
bearcat23

bearcat23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

this is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted on here, and that says ALOT

you should be banned
bearcat23 is offline   Reply With Quote