Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-18-2017, 07:19 PM   #1171
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Or Kansas. Who barely escaped Nebraska and just doesn’t look good yet never drops too far
Yeah brought that up on the other thread. If we were 13 n lost to Nebraska we would probably end up like 21-23. Kansas on the other hand drops to 14.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #1172
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah brought that up on the other thread. If we were 13 n lost to Nebraska we would probably end up like 21-23. Kansas on the other hand drops to 14.
KU won.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #1173
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
KU won.
Ok well I retract all earlie statements and also add that sorry, I'm a little dumb sometimes haha. I totally forgot they ended up hitting that 3 at the end of the game. I just remember being so excited they were gonna lose when Nebraska went up 2 I must have just blocked the rest from my mind haha.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #1174
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I am going to add up points, treat an assist as 2 points, rebounds, blocks, steals as 1 point and then subtract TO's as -1 point. None of this is going to take into account other defensive stats like deflections or being where you are supposed to be or guarding ability etc. Obviously this will favor bigger guys because of rebounds and blocks but that's not really the point. I want to compare bigs to bigs, wings to wings, and PG's to PG's.

Clark 309
Washington 180

(Clark is plus 129)

Evans 277
Cumberland 211

(Evans is plus 66)

Broome 180
Jenifer 136

(Broome is plus 44)

Before the season started I was expecting Broome to out perform Jenifer. I thought Cumberland would make a bigger jump. I thought Evans and Clark would stay about the same as last year with more options on the court to score. Well...Gary and Jacob are just filling every part of a stat sheet that you can. And this doesn't even count defensive aspects that are not stats based...and they are our best defenders bar none. Evans could lower the turnovers but outside of that these guys are just killing it so far. Just F-ing impressive!!

Last edited by waterhead; 12-19-2017 at 09:28 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #1175
A_O

A_O is on a distinguished road
Random Stat...I don't think that I've seen this on here but has UC ever had 4 1,000 point scorers playing on the floor at the same time? I think we're in an odd situation because of Kyle & Cane both transferring but Kyle needs 13 pts and Jacob needs 77 pts (probably 5 or 6 games away) to join Gary & Cane in the 1,000 pt club. It just points to how offensively gifted this team is compared to previous Cronin teams. Hopefully they continue to execute like they did @ UCLA!
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #1176
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Is it just me or does it seem like every time Cronin is in a presser talking about the players being more concerned about their girlfriends than anything else, that it’s directed at Cumberland, because of the of the court issue before the season?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #1177
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like every time Cronin is in a presser talking about the players being more concerned about their girlfriends than anything else, that it’s directed at Cumberland, because of the of the court issue before the season?
Young college athletes have very little trouble finding girlfriends. I would think he is reminding everyone to stay focused.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #1178
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Young college athletes have very little trouble finding girlfriends. I would think he is reminding everyone to stay focused.
Speak for yourself! I couldn't find a girlfriend for shit in college. Had to hang outside Grady's, Yaght Club, and JC's late-night just to find a fat one or a gargoyle looking chick that would have anything to do with me. Damn those were good times.
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #1179
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsack View Post
Speak for yourself! I couldn't find a girlfriend for shit in college. Had to hang outside Grady's, Yaght Club, and JC's late-night just to find a fat one or a gargoyle looking chick that would have anything to do with me. Damn those were good times.
lol!! At least you found someone
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #1180
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Interesting that Kyle is still our highest point per 40 minute guy this year (as he was last year). Cane is #2. Gary and Jacob are #3 and #4 but their overall stats are really really really good. Cumberland is trailing at #5...although he is doing other things very well.

Before the season I was thinking Cumberland would end up #1 or very close to it. Time for him to step it up and I think he will in conference. I don't know what is going on in his head but he really got a lot better last year as the season progressed. I hope that happens again.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote