Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 07-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Van Zyl reported he was offered by IU. He was never offered by IU. Im willing to bet he wasnt offered by UC either. He is saying all of this, noone else. He is also saying hes meeting with NBA guys to maybe go pro. The guy shoots 18% from 3 and turns the ball over a lot. zero percent chance any of this is true
Maybe he's just trying to create some buzz for himself...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Or perhaps one of the current Brannen recruits is having second thoughts or has grade issues??? Just very weird...unless the offer report is false.
How would they have second thoughts? They are already here and committed.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #13
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
How would they have second thoughts? They are already here and committed.
Harvey? How many saw that one coming? Who knows...I don't know all the ins and outs of when a kid can or can't transfer but if a player wants out and the coach or university grant it...is that enough to make it happen??

I don't know what happens after a kid enrolls in school. Does that make things more difficult??

Either way I am just speculating and this latest news is certainly very weird and perhaps not even legit. But the player is saying it happened which is only one way of a two way street.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

If this isn't legit...he will be the boy who cried wolf twice. And we all know what happens after that. Or was it after the 3rd time...LOL! Either way his cred will be absolutely shot...
Old 07-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #15
#1Bearcats

#1Bearcats is on a distinguished road
Can anyone link an article that says Harvey isn't coming here now. His status shows as enrolled.
#1Bearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #16
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Bearcats View Post
Can anyone link an article that says Harvey isn't coming here now. His status shows as enrolled.
Harvey is here. This new "offer" isnt legit. Nor was his " IU offer" The kid is making them up
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #17
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Harvey is here. This new "offer" isnt legit. Nor was his " IU offer" The kid is making them up
We need a source for you call him out like this
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #18
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Not sure the accuracy of Van Zyle .... JB is currently in Hawaii on a family vacation.... this is odd, I personally do not want Van Zyle, I’m ready to ride with Mika and Saunders
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #19
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Not much news going on right now but from the looks of things Brannen has been focused on wings and bigs for 2020 (with Saunders already in).

I think he has probably offered 10+ wings and 10+ bigs. I don't know if we are getting close on any of them but it's great to see him going after a few 4 star kids and getting some of them to campus. Sounds like more visits are being set up and possibly a few that we are not involved with anymore.

Brannen says he likes the early signing period so I would guess we will get at least 1 big and 1 wing in that period which will leave us with 2 remaining spots. Then I suppose he can be a little more selective.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a traditional 5 and stretch 4. On the wing a SF and SG. To go with the PG we already have. A full 5 position team in one class would be pretty cool.

Traditional 5's...Kalkbrenner, Hugley types
Combo 4/5's...Loveday, Gibson and Iriel types
PF's...Eason, Fararr, and Traynor is a new one

The wings mostly seem to be in that 6'4-6'6 range with only a couple outside of that. I would imagine a few of these guys could fill either role on the wing. SG or SF

Leal, Gordon, Scrubb, Galloway, Madsen, Calhoun, Walton, Kirby, Johnson etc.

Again some of these may no longer be applicable...but I would guess at least half of them are still in play. I think Leal just trimmed his list.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #20
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Not much news going on right now but from the looks of things Brannen has been focused on wings and bigs for 2020 (with Saunders already in).

I think he has probably offered 10+ wings and 10+ bigs. I don't know if we are getting close on any of them but it's great to see him going after a few 4 star kids and getting some of them to campus. Sounds like more visits are being set up and possibly a few that we are not involved with anymore.

Brannen says he likes the early signing period so I would guess we will get at least 1 big and 1 wing in that period which will leave us with 2 remaining spots. Then I suppose he can be a little more selective.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a traditional 5 and stretch 4. On the wing a SF and SG. To go with the PG we already have. A full 5 position team in one class would be pretty cool.

Traditional 5's...Kalkbrenner, Hugley types
Combo 4/5's...Loveday, Gibson and Iriel types
PF's...Eason, Fararr, and Traynor is a new one

The wings mostly seem to be in that 6'4-6'6 range with only a couple outside of that. I would imagine a few of these guys could fill either role on the wing. SG or SF

Leal, Gordon, Scrubb, Galloway, Madsen, Calhoun, Walton, Kirby, Johnson etc.

Again some of these may no longer be applicable...but I would guess at least half of them are still in play. I think Leal just trimmed his list.

Yeah Leal trimmed his list down to IU and Stanford. He is pretty much an IU lock. Scrubb would be nice but I read in an article not too long ago, and it had a quote from his dad saying that he might declare for the draft after this year. Can't remember the last time someone was drafted straight from JUCO.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote