Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #11
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Early season lines are a little more difficult to judge/predict. Would be surprised though to see us open as a favorite on the road here. But wouldn't be shocked to see it close with us as a small favorite though (almost every single one of our lines has moved 1-4 points in our favor since opening, so clearly some people with $ like to bet on us).

Kpom has X favored by 1.

Imo, i think a true line is probably X -3. But the way money has moved if I had to set it, I'd put it at X-1 or pickem.

Lot still depends on the Baylor game too.

Last edited by ervins84; 11-28-2017 at 05:39 AM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:36 AM   #12
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Calling my shot, this is going to be cane broomes coming out party

Ill buy you a beer or two if this hold trues...which i hope dearly it does.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #13
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
UC - 73
XU - 55
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I think Gary, Jacob, and Jarron will have to play 30+ minutes in this game. Hopefully we can get at least 25 out of Kyle.

Broome will get a chance to show what he can do but he can't make some of the lazy passes he has made so far. They will get picked off in a hurry. I like what Terry Nelson said a few games back "you have to fake a pass before you make a pass". Broome has been somewhat easy to predict on some passes. If he comes out and throws the ball away a couple of times he won't see many more minutes unless we need scoring at the end.

We will probably see Tre for 5-10 minutes. Justin's minutes depend a lot on how Cane plays but at least 15. Brooks probably 10 or so. Moore could get 10 as well. Williams can play if he's not trying to do too much...maybe 5 minutes or so. Eliel could see 5 minutes if we get in foul trouble but otherwise won't see any. Diara likely won't get on the court.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Two games in a row ( sweep) - Broom. I like it !!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:32 AM   #16
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
IMO...the more ways we can find to get "The Problem" the ball the better. High post...low post I don't care. Gary almost always makes good decisions and is a great passer. He is the most prepared player for this type of game as well IMO. I also like seeing the ball in Jacob or Jarron's hands. We need these guys touching the ball on most possessions. They all make good decisions for the most part. Both wings make good entry passes and can knock down 3's.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
This game is going to be a nail biter. Don't expect to sit for this one... I predict we win with a go ahead basket from Gary with under 10 sec on the clock. Evans with lock down defense on Bluiett to force a miss at the buzzer.

Cincy 71
Eggsavier 70
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #18
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For some reason, I thought the same exact thing at last night's game. Let's hope we are right!
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #19
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure how anybody could think Broome is gonna have a coming out party at any time after last night. I still can't figure out what got him benched.

His turnover rate is almost identical to xaviers PG, I found that interesting.

Here's to hoping Mick sees the light and lets Broome do his thing.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #20
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling we win this fairly easily, 8-14pts is my guess. Our starters haven't had to play much all year, seeing big minutes from them is gonna make us look that much better. It'll stay close early and maybe a couple late scares but I think we pull away and won't have too much worry going down the final stretch. Between Gary, Kyle, and Evans I see two double doubles and someone is putting up 20, Gary or Cumberland would be my first two choices. Gary is proving to be a force, it's his senior year, I think he might just take over. If I had to pick a final score I'd say, 80-71.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote