Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-03-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
USF: the battle for.... I have no idea. Hopefully something

Tough physical team who’s season was derailed when yetna went down.

Keys to the game:
-limiting turnovers: USF is 17th in the country at generating turnovers.
-rebound: once again we face a team that is really good rebounding both sides of the ball. Battle of the 7fters will be key
-defense: USF is one of the worst shooting teams in the country. Critical to keep them that way. We’ve had a knack lately of making bad offenses look good. Let’s not do that today.
-Get Fouled: they don’t foul as much as they used to but if you protect the ball and drive hard to the rim, they will foul you.

Gonna take a full 40 min of focus to not have a bunch of turnovers. We’re gonna see what kinda stuff this team is made of after a big loss and a 1 day turn around.

Just win.

Preferably in blow out fashion.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Tough physical team who’s season was derailed when yetna went down.

Keys to the game:
-limiting turnovers: USF is 17th in the country at generating turnovers.
-rebound: once again we face a team that is really good rebounding both sides of the ball. Battle of the 7fters will be key
-defense: USF is one of the worst shooting teams in the country. Critical to keep them that way. We’ve had a knack lately of making bad offenses look good. Let’s not do that today.
-Get Fouled: they don’t foul as much as they used to but if you protect the ball and drive hard to the rim, they will foul you.

Gonna take a full 40 min of focus to not have a bunch of turnovers. We’re gonna see what kinda stuff this team is made of after a big loss and a 1 day turn around.

Just win.

Preferably in blow out fashion.
This is what it is like to play in the AAC, we have very few chances to get marquee wins, Memphis, Houston , Wichita, I guess UConn. Every other game is a land mine, this game at USF is a landmine game, must win game, I think we kind of blew it at Houston and I don't think the loss itself killed us, its how we played and what we showed the committee that killed us. unless we make some kind of run in the conference tourney I don't think we get picked as an at large. In the big east or acc or a power 5 conference you have multiple chances to get good quad 1 wins, in the American you have few and you have to take advantage of those few and we just have not done that. We are kind of limping to the finish line right now
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #3
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
This is what it is like to play in the AAC, we have very few chances to get marquee wins, Memphis, Houston , Wichita, I guess UConn. Every other game is a land mine, this game at USF is a landmine game, must win game, I think we kind of blew it at Houston and I don't think the loss itself killed us, its how we played and what we showed the committee that killed us. unless we make some kind of run in the conference tourney I don't think we get picked as an at large. In the big east or acc or a power 5 conference you have multiple chances to get good quad 1 wins, in the American you have few and you have to take advantage of those few and we just have not done that. We are kind of limping to the finish line right now

and still somehow we are right there. pick up another quad 2 tonight, pray for Vermont to win out and things can be ok.

win tonight, win vs temple, get to semi-final could be enough. Win until the AAC championship game and I dont think we'd have to worry.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and still somehow we are right there. pick up another quad 2 tonight, pray for Vermont to win out and things can be ok.

win tonight, win vs temple, get to semi-final could be enough. Win until the AAC championship game and I dont think we'd have to worry.
We're very fortunate to have such an awful bubble this year.

Most years, 2 Q1 wins and 4 Tier 3 losses is enough to kill you. And it still may kill us. But all we can do is win and hope for the best.

This game Should have been a tier 1 opportunity if USF had stayed healthy.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #5
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I would agree we win these last two and some how win 2 conference tourney games and we are in, the way this team looked against Houston, that could be a tall task.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #6
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
I would agree we win these last two and some how win 2 conference tourney games and we are in, the way this team looked against Houston, that could be a tall task.
Everybody looks like that at Houston though. Beat Tulsa by 33, beat Wichita St by 23.

Houston is an elite team and they dominate teams at home.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #7
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Everybody looks like that at Houston though. Beat Tulsa by 33, beat Wichita St by 23.

Houston is an elite team and they dominate teams at home.
We need to show some pluck and finally win a game comfortably, blowout may be too much to hope for but I holding it out anyway. We need breakout games for the freshman. Houston showed that a compromised Jarron alone just can not do it. Let’s go MAW.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don’t necessarily think that’s true. I think we might need to make the conference championship. Lot of bubble teams winning. The bad losses aren’t going to help
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #9
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t necessarily think that’s true. I think we might need to make the conference championship. Lot of bubble teams winning. The bad losses aren’t going to help
i definitely thought this as well, but then somehow we're still right there despite not really doing anything.

maybe bracket guys just don't know what to do with us. we have a very strange resume.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #10
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
i definitely thought this as well, but then somehow we're still right there despite not really doing anything.

maybe bracket guys just don't know what to do with us. we have a very strange resume.

I feel we need more Tier 1 wins to even out the bad losses. But if the bracketologist all say were in, then I guess were in.

I just know, even if we make it to the conference championship, Im going to be extremely nervous

I'd love if we could just win the conference tourney and take that pressure away.