Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'11 NC C Jervon Pressley (Offer)

Center
Charlotte, North Carolina
AAU: United Celtics
Ht:6'7"
Wt:180 lbs
Class:2011

Has received an offer from the Bearcats. Also has offers from Baylor, Charlotte, Mississippi, and S. Carolina.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Claims everyone is even, but I'd give Ole Miss the edge. Cincinnati is in the mix.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1094578
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Pressley is a dunking machine with good hands. He posts up well and looks to power the ball through every play. He is strong and athletic, but lacks a great motor and can become lazy. A good rebounder and defender, Pressley needs to improve and refine his touch and skill in the paint. Pressley teamed up with Menton for Team United this summer.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Will this kid grow into center position in college or would he play 4 in college? I know we have survived on 6'7" centers in the past, but I would like to see at least 3" more in height out of my 5 guy.

It appears as though he has the athleticism be a major factor in the BEast.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Dave Telep of Scout has tweeted that Pressley is going to Georgia State.

http://twitter.com/DaveTelep

He was supposedly down to Georgia State and UC. Not a big loss IMO.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Dave Telep of Scout has tweeted that Pressley is going to Georgia State.

http://twitter.com/DaveTelep

He was supposedly down to Georgia State and UC. Not a big loss IMO.
Georgia State was a much better fit for Jervon.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I've seen this kid listed from 6'7" 180 lbs. to 6'7" 235 lbs.. I'd guess he's between 200 lbs.-215 lbs. range. Hearing enough chatter to bring this thread back to life. Has verballed to Georgia State but some are saying he may be re-thinking that. Always cautious about this without official word. He's really raw offensively. Below I have ESPN's assesment of Jervon:

Strengths:
Excellent size with big hands and strong legs are the obvious physical traits of this powerful North Carolinian. He goes for boards out of his area and is a fine outlet passer. Because of his long wing span this kid plays much bigger than his 6-7 height. He is very active running the floor and is an excellent offensive rebounder in transition knifing his way to the rim.

Weaknesses:
He is more athlete than basketball player at the moment and most likely needs to play in an up-tempo system to take advantage of his athleticism. He is still developing back to the basket moves. He posts up early in the possession but losses interest if the ball does not come his way. Lacks basic offensive skills and does not always give maximum effort.

Bottom Line:
The kid is a warrior that challenges everything that comes his way and thrives on physical play in the paint.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ervon-pressley

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 10-03-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Did he de-commit from Georgia State?
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
There a reason this thread is stickied?

And while we're at it can we stick ALL of our 2011 Signees please?
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

He will visit Cincinnati April 28th. Most updated physical stats I saw on him had him at 6'8" 235 lbs., but was listed at 6'7" 210 prior. Not sure if he has a qualifying SAT score as of yet. Again, last I heard he hadn't achieved that as of yet. Stopped following him after his GSU commit. Will do some updated research. He was the 11th ranked high school player in North Carolina this past season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ail/class/2011

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-12-2011 at 08:59 AM.