Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Opening Day!

Tomorrow is the start of the Reds run to the 2013 World Series championship.

Unfotunately, the weather is going to be so bad the Ralph would not go if you offered him a free ticket.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I'm a braves fan and I am very excited about the season!
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
I like the team with one exception. I think Jack Hannahan is going to be a huge bust. I was disappointed to see Jockerty keep him around. The man cannot hit and his defense is average at best. The rest of the group is solid however now that Stubbs is gone. We can put away the K placards now. Go Reds.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
I like the team with one exception. I think Jack Hannahan is going to be a huge bust. I was disappointed to see Jockerty keep him around. The man cannot hit and his defense is average at best. The rest of the group is solid however now that Stubbs is gone. We can put away the K placards now. Go Reds.
Should've kept Isturis and Donald, not Hannahan and Isturis, two washed up vets that Crusty will try to play over Cozart and Frazier.......
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, I agree here. I was surprised they kept Hannahan.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Should've kept Isturis and Donald, not Hannahan and Isturis, two washed up vets that Crusty will try to play over Cozart and Frazier.......
Donald wasn't a guy who the team felt good about backing up SS. Most managers want a guy who plays the position not someone who will do in a pinch. Frazier and Cozart are the regulars and will get most of the playing time. And who is Crusty????
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Donald wasn't a guy who the team felt good about backing up SS. Most managers want a guy who plays the position not someone who will do in a pinch. Frazier and Cozart are the regulars and will get most of the playing time. And who is Crusty????
I know we need a backup shortstop more, but I just like guys who can hit, especially coming off the bench. Dusty is a good manager overall, but he does drive me insane sometimes, so I guess Crusty is his alter-ego!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
If we're arguing about who our 25th man is then I think we're doing OK. While I do agree that a strong bench goes a long way, Frazier and Cozart are young and neither should need many days off. Sometimes decisions are made on who has options available at the minor league level. Don't know if that's the case here or not, but we all know Dusty likes his veterans.

I'm excited about this year. Getting Choo leading off is light years ahead of Drew Stubbs. Stubbs is one of those players I just can't stand. Has speed but wants to be a homerun hitter so he hits lazy fly balls all day instead of hitting the ball down and using his speed. If that isn't bad enough he strikes out 200 times a year. I wouldn't tolerate that as an owner, GM or a manager. I especially wouldn't tolerate it from a 15-20 homer guy. I really like our line-up. I think it is solid 1-8. The rotation looks good and the bullpen should be tough. It will be interesting to see how the Astros leaving will affect the NL Central. That was a lot of easy W's to go around for the league. 97 wins last year might have been 90-92 without the Astros (pure speculation, but replace those 15 or so games with more games against Cards, Pirates, Brewers and Cubs). One thing it shouldn't affect is whoever the best team is should still win the division and we have the best team on paper.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Look at this kid behind the plate, LOL! Poor kid got the crap scared out of him......

http://athleteswag.lockerdome.com/media/107094614
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
The Reds need a win, they are on pace for a 68-94 won/loss record.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote