Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #241
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
I thought Mick made a mistake. The difference is, Mick now says he did make a mistake. We don't have to argue over what we believe, or over assumptions anymore. The coach has said it with his own mouth now. There is no longer an argument.
LT I trust your eyes. What u saw in the scrimmage. I hope JJ gets his mojo back. I see your point that Mick stifked his creativity. Then he kept trying to earn PT by scoring. His creativity needs to be left alone.

FYI many times during the season Mick said he wanted to get JJ minutes. He said he needed to get him minutes in first half BC it wasnt fair to JJ to insert him in a tight game in the second half w/o first half PT to get in a flow.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:16 AM   #242
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
LT I trust your eyes. What u saw in the scrimmage. I hope JJ gets his mojo back. I see your point that Mick stifked his creativity. Then he kept trying to earn PT by scoring. His creativity needs to be left alone.

FYI many times during the season Mick said he wanted to get JJ minutes. He said he needed to get him minutes in first half BC it wasnt fair to JJ to insert him in a tight game in the second half w/o first half PT to get in a flow.
JJ's needs to guard and make better decisions. It starts in practice. Like everyone I hope he has a break out season but players need to seize the opportunity when given. Right now he needs to figure out how to guard at this level and improve his perimeter game and understand the players skill levels around him. Playing more minutes will help but those are earned. Getting him minutes early in games requires us to get off to better starts in games so the need to play starters major minutes every game is not a necessity. Not buyin the whole Mick held him back thing.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #243
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
JJ's needs to guard and make better decisions. It starts in practice. Like everyone I hope he has a break out season but players need to seize the opportunity when given. Right now he needs to figure out how to guard at this level and improve his perimeter game and understand the players skill levels around him. Playing more minutes will help but those are earned. Getting him minutes early in games requires us to get off to better starts in games so the need to play starters major minutes every game is not a necessity. Not buyin the whole Mick held him back thing.
I agree. He needs to work on a lot of aspects and I think he will obviously get better. I think where Mick did wrong was he kept publicly saying he needs to get JJ more min and never did.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #244
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I agree. He needs to work on a lot of aspects and I think he will obviously get better. I think where Mick did wrong was he kept publicly saying he needs to get JJ more min and never did.
I think Mick would certainly like to get his subs more minutes. Lots of factors go into sub patterns. Also what the coach says to the press is not always reflective of what is going on with a player or team.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #245
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post

I think that JJ is a great passer, ball handler, and can keep the defense on their heels. I think Mick could have let him on the court a little bit more...maybe a couple minutes per game.

He just has to stay under control, select good shots and play D. He knows what he has to do...it's up to him to do it. I actually think he CAN do it. I'm not down on him...he's got an all conference player in front of him.

If we don't grab another wing...he could see 15 minutes per game this year
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:46 AM   #246
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...tions-of-2016/

Cane Broome has the potential to be so good, that he could possibly get an all conference award for a league the Bearcats arent even in.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #247
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
https://www.instagram.com/p/BK_txKAg...nebroome&hl=en

Good to see Broome looking in great shape before the start of the season. He is still undersized, but if he was able to do so well for Sacred Heart in not great shape, he should be a star for us now that he's in the best shape of his life. Excited to see this kid play.
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote