Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #1081
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
im afraid with how the "power 5" have decided they basically only want to play conference games we might look back on a schedule like this year and be thankful we got to play who we did.
the schedule debate can and has been debated on here a lot. didn't mean to start that. Talking more from an entertainment standpoint.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #1082
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
One of the 3 wins being at Xavier. Time we take that riveraly back. Been a while
Should be a very entertaining game. Both teams look good and should be ranked in or close to the top 10.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #1083
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
the schedule debate can and has been debated on here a lot. didn't mean to start that. Talking more from an entertainment standpoint.
I like watching our new guys and guys like Scott, Brooks, and Jenifer.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #1084
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
im afraid with how the "power 5" have decided they basically only want to play conference games we might look back on a schedule like this year and be thankful we got to play who we did.
I am not sure what this means. How do you only play conference games? Do you eliminate the OOC?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #1085
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I am not sure what this means. How do you only play conference games? Do you eliminate the OOC?
They want to move to 20 games. Then you factor in rivalries, buy games, preseason tournaments (and the games attached)...you aren't left with much.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #1086
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
They want to move to 20 games. Then you factor in rivalries, buy games, preseason tournaments (and the games attached)...you aren't left with much.
yeah they're gonna have their warm up buy games, a preseason tournament, and then conference play. its bad for the sport i think.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #1087
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yeah they're gonna have their warm up buy games, a preseason tournament, and then conference play. its bad for the sport i think.
They like it because they get to keep all the money
Old 11-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #1088
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
They like it because they get to keep all the money
and they get to keep all the mid majors out of the tournament. thats why its bad. i dont want to see the 7th best big 10 team in the tournament when they dont deserve 4 teams.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #1089
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We were already a very versatile team with our returning starters. We have bigs who can score inside and can also knock down a 3 when necessary. We have two all around guys who fill stat sheets on both ends of the floor. With the new additions to the rotation and starting lineup we have added several new dimensions which will make us all the more versatile and hard to stop.

We have added two guys to the starting lineup who can penetrate and a third guy on the bench who may be the best of them all (we will see). We are replacing one guy who was NOT good at it and another who was good at it but mainly only did it when the clock was winding down.

We have added at least 1 if not 2 guys to the starting lineup that you have to keep track of where they are on the court. A defense cannot pick and choose their poison.

We have added a knock down shooter who's % should at least be better than what we lost.

We have added depth at the 5 for rebounding and defense and we lost a guy who perhaps just did not fit very well in a Cronin scheme.

We have added PG's who are going to allow us to push pace. Obviously we lose some control and ball security.

We will run the fast break better.

We can press now with added speed AND depth. We can also sub more with quality depth keeping us fresh on both sides of the ball.

We will get the offense set quicker to be able to use more clock if we need it. We will also attack faster with more options looking to score.

We have added pure scorers on the perimeter vs guys who were more facilitators.

I know we have lost a few things as well. Control and less turnovers. Experience. Some good leadership and emotion. Guys who were either good defenders or knew the system well and where to be at all times.

I think we can make up for some of that. Our PG's are in their 3rd and 4th years so experience should not be a huge deal. We will be quicker and more aggressive vs safe and controlled...that's just a trade off IMO. We have some great D on the bench and our starters seem to have high BB IQ and instinct. We might be missing a little bit of leadership and emotion but we shall see.

All in all I think we have added a lot more to the equation than we lost. What am I missing?

Last edited by waterhead; 11-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #1090
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

All in all I think we have added a lot more to the equation than we lost. What am I missing?
As long as Broome is the guy he's advertised to be and the guy that played game 2, we are going to be better. I just want the bigger games to get here already so we can see it in action.

I still dont see a ton of minutes for all the freshman as we continue. 10 man rotations dont happen very often. 7 is the sweet spot without fouls forcing your hand.

KW probably gets the most minutes from the guards and then brooks and scott trade off depending on opponent and game style. Jenifer maybe 10-15 but I say KW has a chance for more minutes as he can play the 2 and 3.

and i mean this for the good opponents. everybody is gonna play in the blow outs.