Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-18-2018, 06:11 AM   #1
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
BBall

Kinda quiet in here...

I'm ecstatic that the football team is doing well. It's nice to get excited again. As much as I enjoy the football games, it's just a nice time passer for me until bball season. Thats my true Bearcat love.

What is everyone looking forward to this season?

I can't wait to see the new Shoe. I'm hopeful we have some guys step up and continue our success. To be honest, I have no idea what this season will hold. It could be eerily similar to the 14-15 season with all the pieces we have playing new/bigger roles. It could also be similar to the 13-14 season with one alpha and a couple role guys.

I guess we will see.

I am really hopeful we have a few young guys step up. I always breathe easier knowing we have younger guys that will be around for a couple years that have key roles.

Looking forward to hearing your all's take.

Go Bearcats!
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I'm very excited for the new arena. Can't wait.

This years team will obviously be very different. Instead of inside out and getting open looks kicking it out from the paint, teams will go 1-1 with our post players. This will result in less open looks from the outside.....unless of course Broome, Cumberland and Williams all use their ability to beat their man off the dribble, get into the lane and kick it out for open 3's.

I do hope we get some kids hitting 3's with consistency so the lanes to dive can be opened up a bit. I personally think it's going to be a frustrating year coming off the last 2 seasons. I think UC has the talent to win some big games and I fear that if cumberland is off we may lose some games we should win. Really looking forward to how this works out and which kids step up. I think Eliel could be a key guy for UC....rebounding and defense. Looking forward to seeing his progression the most.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #3
Cin City

Schedule comes out today so that will be fun to break down.

I have high hopes for Trey Scott this season. I think that having been in the system (this being his 4th year) and having learned from guys like Gary and Kyle, that he could be very surprising. He will definitely benefit if Cane and Jarron have the kind of season we expect the too. Keith Williams is my wild card. If he can become a proven 2nd or 3rd option then this is going to be a nice season.

Cant wait!
Old 09-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post

I have high hopes for Trey Scott this season. I think that having been in the system (this being his 4th year) and having learned from guys like Gary and Kyle, that he could be very surprising. He will definitely benefit if Cane and Jarron have the kind of season we expect the too. Keith Williams is my wild card. If he can become a proven 2nd or 3rd option then this is going to be a nice season.

Cant wait!
When is schedule released?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Cin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
When is schedule released?
Rothstein tweeted that the AAC schedule is released today so I imagine we will see a full UC schedule today or tomorrow. Could be wrong.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rothstein tweeted that the AAC schedule is released today so I imagine we will see a full UC schedule today or tomorrow. Could be wrong.
here it is. Nice 1st 5 games for an inexperienced team.
https://theamerican.org/documents/20...ly.pdf?id=1929
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Cant wait!
Scott, Williams, Nsoseme - all need to take giant steps forward, esp. on offense. Otherwise it’s blanket Cumberland, shut him down & dare anyone else to score - that’d be my strategy against the Cats until proven otherwise - It would certainly help if Cane could score 18 to 22 every night, but I don’t think that’s going to happen, not without serious threats inside to score - Replacing the offensive production of Kyle & Gary inside is daunting

Last edited by juckerrules; 09-19-2018 at 02:00 PM.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #8
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Scott, Williams, Nsoseme - all need to take giant steps forward, esp. on offense. Otherwise it’s blanket Cumberland, shut him down & dare anyone else to score - that’d be my strategy against the Cats until proven otherwise - It would certainly help if Cane could score 18 to 22 every night, but I don’t think that’s going to happen, not without serious threats inside to score - Replacing the offensive production of Kyle & Gary inside is daunting
There is a serious lack of perimeter shooting on this roster. Last year, you had to respect the jumper from anyone in the starting lineup. This season, teams will be able to ignore 2-3 players at all times if they are more than 12 feet from the basket. The paint is going to be crowded with defenders at all times.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #9
Cin City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
There is a serious lack of perimeter shooting on this roster. Last year, you had to respect the jumper from anyone in the starting lineup. This season, teams will be able to ignore 2-3 players at all times if they are more than 12 feet from the basket. The paint is going to be crowded with defenders at all times.
Maybe our athleticism creates a lot of turnovers and we press more? That would create transition opps and easy buckets...hypothetically. Crazier things have happened.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #10
firehawkv

firehawkv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
That's a bit of an exagerration. There are only 3 players on the team who aren't a threat to shoot the three - Brooks, Nsoseme and Scott. At most we will have 2 of the on the court at any one time and Scott can shoot from 15 feet or so, so they won't be able to completely ignore him. We also have possible small lineups where everyone can shoot the three (e.g. Broome, Cumberland, Williams, Fredericks, Diarra).
firehawkv is offline   Reply With Quote