Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Adds an offer from Penn State.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
@espn_OTT_FB Nittany Lions extend offer to Glenville signal-caller Cardale Jones -

Nice to see espn on top of things.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
They probably come here for their information. They should learn to check it every day.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #14
Daniel Drake

Daniel Drake is on a distinguished road
Murmers of grade issues here
Daniel Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Yep, could be tough for him to get into some schools, but Michigan has ways around that.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Yep, could be tough for him to get into some schools, but Michigan has ways around that.
Yes they sure do. Then again, so do all the schools in "The Nation's Smartest Conference."
Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

OH QB Cardale Jones is the subject of this week's Detroit News profile by Sam Webb. First, what he's like on the field:

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Jones turned a lot of heads last season, using his rifle arm to account for more than 2,500 yards and 23 touchdowns through the air. Meanwhile, he used his 4.55 40 speed to accumulate more than 500 yards and six touchdowns on the ground...

"I know I got a lot better over the past year, and I need to continue to get better. I want to work on my speed and I need to keep working on learning the game through film study. I need to get the ball out quicker and that will come through maturity and playing the position more. I think my accuracy during the offseason has gotten way better. I can remember this time last year, and the throws that I'm making now I couldn't make until the end of last season."

Since we've been following Jones for a while now, that info should come as no surprise, but it's nice to be able to put actual numbers to it. A now, for the recruiting information:

Jones hopes to make his way back to East Lansing in the summer months. The same goes for others on his offer list like West Virginia and Iowa. At the moment the only scheduled visit after this week's trip to Ohio State is to Michigan's "Barbecue at the Big House" on May 22. He insists that doesn't indicate the preferred status of either the Buckeyes or Wolverines -- only that he is focused on more pressing matters at moment.

He loves Ohio State, but it's unlikely that the Buckeyes offer - at least not before they lock down OH QB Braxton Miller. [Ed: I think that conventional wisdom may be shifting. There are a lot of rumors Jones may pick up an OSU offer soon.] That leaves the door open for various schools, including Michigan, to win him over. Jones also got some love from ESPN following the Elite 11 combine:

With Miller out of the line-up, Jones got an opportunity to showcase his raw, but very impressive physical tools. He looks like a taller version of another quality QB in this class Marquise Williams (Charlotte, N.C./Mallard Creek). Jones has a big arm, great size and a lot of physical tools to mold. He too must adjust to playing from under center and developing consistent footwork so that his accuracy can become more consistent. But there is no question he is capable of making all the throws.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

Nittany Lions extend offer to Glenville signal-caller Cardale Jones
Top quarterback Cardale Jones (Cleveland, Ohio/Glenville) has received a scholarship offer from Penn State, ESPN affiliate Web site NittanyNetwork.com reports.

"Coach Jay Paterno was at our practice," Jones said. "He saw me work out. He said my offer will be in the mail sometime this week. "It came out of nowhere. I knew they were recruiting me, but not that hard."

The Nittany Lions join Michigan, Michigan State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Iowa, Illinois, Miami-OH and Bowling Green in offering the ESPNU 150 Watch List talent. Ohio State is also showing interest.

He completed 122 of 197 attempts (61.9 percent) for 2,180 yards and 19 touchdowns and rushed for almost 500 yards and nine more scores last fall.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...choolId%3d2132
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #19
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
This is not a must get. Would be nice though.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
JasonS
Football Moderator

Cardale Jones is a quarterback at Glenville, in Ohio, so he hates Michigan right? Well, I just had an interesting conversation with him. I actually ended up telling him halfway through, that I still wasn't sure if I believed what he's saying to me, because of his school affiliation.

I started out by asking him how Braxton Miller's recent commitment to Ohio State would affect him. He said it wouldn't. I took that as meaning that maybe he wasn't thinking about Ohio State seriously, but he told me that Miller wouldn't scare him away. I should note that Jones doesn't have an offer from OSU, and with Miller's commitment, likely won't get one. However, from my past experience, when a kid continues to talk about a school, it usually means that there's still mutual interest. None of that makes sense to me; I don't know why Ohio State would continue to pursue him.

The second part was that he told me he actually grew up a MIchigan fan, and he really likes the Wolverines. His words were, "I was a huge fan of them growing up, and now I have a chance to play for them, so what's not to like?"

I wanted to say, "Coach Ginn hates Michigan, stop lying to me!" but that came out as, "Wait, what?" Jones says he hasn't narrowed his list down, but he does really like Michigan.

I eventually, in a polite, subtle way, asked what coach Ginn's perspective on Michigan and head coach Rich Rodriguez was. Cardale told me that his coaches opinion doesn't matter, or change where he wants to end up. Coach Ginn told him to pick the place that he feels the most comfortable for the next 4-5 years. Read into that how you will.

I'm not usually a tin foil kinda guy, but there's some obvious links to Glenville's lack of friendship with Michigan. Take all of this FWIW, and I don't even really know what any of it means. I still think he'll end up at Cincinnati, or West Virginia. Just thought I would share.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-qb-...eresting-convo