Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 FL CB Trenier Orr (UC Verbal 1/10/11)

Cornerback
Orlando, FL (Ocoee)

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 170
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Ocoee High's Trenier Orr has been touted as a defensive back with shutdown skills. A cover corner who has been compared, at times, to Groveland South Lake standout cornerback Nick Waisome.

Perhaps not as gifted a corner when it comes to cover skills, Orr certainly is as fast and as aware of the field as a whole, like his DB counterpart.

And, like Waisome, he isn't limited to what he can do on the defensive side of the ball.

Orr was so impressive on offense this spring, in particular in the Ocoee spring game against rival Orlando West Orange, that his two-way ability drew the interest of the Illinois coaching staff, and the Big Ten Illini gave Orr his second scholarship offer this week. Colorado State was on board earlier this spring.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,6927433.story
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Ocoee athlete Trenier Orr seemed all set last week after having taken a recruiting visit to Illinois. It looked like just a matter of process before the 5-foot-10, 170-pound cornerback was locked in as a Big Ten member of Ron Zook's Illini.

Then came another recruiting trip, this time to Cincinnati this past weekend. That's all it took, and just that quickly, Orr changed his college itinerary, pledging his services to the Bearcats' 2011 recruiting class.

"It was nice. The Illinois visit was nice too, but I had to make a decision and I went with Cincinnati," Orr said Monday. "I can see myself playing earlier at Cincy than Illinois. Illinois, they had so many commitments and so many guys coming back it was like putting me underneath with playing time and I’m trying to get as much exposure as I can when in college so I can play ..."

And with that he trailed off, but we know what he was talking about. Perhaps he just didn't want to jinx himself.

Orr will join a pair of Central Florida defensive backs at Cincy in Orlando Timber Creek product Quincy Quetant, a redshirt junior, and Pat Lambert, a redshirt junior out of Kissimmee Osceola.

What sold Orr on the Bearcats was there attention to the details of his needs. Orr wants to go into sports marketing as a career.

"They made me feel wanted. They took me to the Bengals stadium cause I want to study sports marketing, and they introduced me to some employees of the sports marketing business," Orr said. "The showed me around Bengals stadium, and I got to go on the field … you can tell they wanted me to come."

There is one visit left to make, however, and even though things seem solid with Cincinnati, it's always possible that his final trip to Colorado State this weekend could change his min.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,805815.story
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Flipped from Illinois to UC. Though apparently still visiting Colorado St. Nice.