Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 SC S Pat Martin (Tenn Verbal)

Safety
Greenville, SC (J.L. Mann)

Ht:5'11"
Wt:196 lbs
40:4.6 secs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, UCLA, Duke, Arkansas, LSU, MD, Miss St, Minn.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

J.L. Mann safety Pat Martin is already drawing comparisons to Clemson safety DeAndre McDaniel, and an offer from the Clemson coaches can’t be far behind.
Martin visited Clemson last week, already has an offer in hand from Minnesota, and is drawing interest from Duke, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Alabama and Georgia.

His Clemson recruiter is Andre Powell, and he said Powell told him that the Clemson coaches were reviewing his tape.

“Coach Powell told me that with scholarships, they have to look at a lot of film,” Martin. “Coach Cheese [Charlie Harbison] is going to evaluate it, and they are going to let their defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach see it. But he did tell me that they were looking at me like a DeAndre McDaniel type on defense.”

Martin said he likes the Clemson facilities, and its proximity to his Greenville home.

“They took me around the facilities and showed me everything,” he said. “I know Clemson is a program on the rise, and I would love to go there and be close to home. All of my coaches and friends could come and see me play.”

Martin said he thinks his game also compares to Georgia Tech’s Morgan Burnett, and that he loves the physical side of the game.

“I think I play like Burnett and McDaniel, because they love to hit and be a ball hawk,” he said. “I love the physical side of the game and coming up and hitting people. I don’t play a finesse type of football, because there is nothing finesse about football to me.”

Martin said that even though interest in him is just beginning to climb, he would like to make a decision soon so he can concentrate on his senior season as a Patriot.

“I think it will be good if I decide early,” he said. “I don’t plan on being in the recruiting process long. I might take a serious look at trying to be the No. 1 safety in America. But right now, my focus is on getting better and getting the recruiting process over with early.”

http://tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=8414
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

DB Pat Martin (6-0 200) of J.L. Mann has offers from Duke, Maryland, Minnesota, Arkansas and UCLA. He is also hearing from Clemson, USC, Alabama, Florida, FSU, Oregon, Georgia and Georgia Tech. Martin did not make either Clemson or USC's junior days but likes both schools. "Clemson is a good school," said Martin. "They have good facilities and do a good job putting players in the NFL. It's close to home so if I was to play there, my family, friends and girlfriend could come watch me play." He also likes USC. "I know some really good guys down there like Stephon Gilmore and they got a good team with a bright future. South Carolina also plays in the best conference in football in the country." Martin has already visited Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Duke. He says he plans to camp this summer at a couple of schools but has nothing finalized yet. As a junior, Martin had 92 tackles, two interceptions returning one for a touchdown, four forced fumbles and 12 pass break ups. He does not have any favorites.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...912/-1/PSPORTS
Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

From jan 6, 2010

Greenville (SC) J. L. Mann junior safety Pat Martin was offered by Minnesota Tuesday evening. The offer from the Gophers is the first for this 6-foot-1, 210-pound junior.
"Minnesota just got my film last week and I knew they were going to take a look at it," Martin began. "Tonight, I got an email from (assistant) coach Jedd Fisch and he asked me to call him. When we talked he told me I had an offer from Minnesota and I would get the offer in the mail this week."

"It feels great to get my first offer and I'm definitely interested in Minnesota," he continued. "I want to visit Minnesota and I might get up there for camp next summer, and I will take an official visit there next fall."

Martin, who has been hearing from schools like Alabama, North Carolina, LSU, Ohio State, and others, will be competing this week in the United States Army All-American Bowl underclass combine in San Antonio.

"I'm looking forward to getting to San Antonio and competing against the best players from all across the country," Martin said. "I have a lot of confidence in my ability and I want to see how I stack up against the best players, to see what I need to work on for

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/935375.html
Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

From the VTO Sports Elite Combine in Charlotte, NC.

Safety Patrick Martin (Greenville, S.C./J.L. Mann) is one of the fastest-rising prospects in the country (LSU and Mississippi State offered last week). The 6-foot, 207-pounder ran a respectable 4.6 40 and one of the top shuttle times at the event at 4.22. Martin also was outstanding in coverage the entire day. He's physical with receivers off the line, but has the straight line speed and catch-up ability to cover players deep. Martin should continue to pick up offers and end up being one of the better big safety prospects in the Southeast for 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5057298
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Tonight I spoke to Pat Martin (Greenville, SC) regarding his football recruitment. Pat currently has several offers from major programs and is expecting more soon. His offer list includes LSU, Cincinnati, Duke, Maryland, Miss State, Arkansas and UCLA.

Last night he spoke with UK's Tee Martin, who told him the Cats were going to send him an offer. He is also feels Cal could extend an offer soon. Pat told me, "Kentucky is a good school. I visited them last summer and would really consider going there." He has already taken the SAT and will take the ACT soon. Currently Pat is listed at 6' and 207 lbs and runs a 4.6 forty-yard dash time. All schools are recruiting him to play safety in college.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot.com/
Old 04-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

@jcshurburtt Louisville just offered S Pat Martin (Greenville, S.C./J.L. Mann). Cal and Notre Dame could be close. 30 minutes ago
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Safety Patrick Martin (Greenville, S.C./J.L. Mann) is holding scholarship offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Maryland, UCLA, Duke, Minnesota and Cincinnati.

ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports that Notre Dame is expected to be next.

Martin said, "Number one, I'm looking for coaching stability. I would hate for the coach that recruited me get me there, and then leave the next year. Two, education because you're going there for school, and three getting guys to the NFL. That's what I'm looking at right now."

The ESPNU 150 Watch List talent recorded 112 tackles, 12 pass breakups, four forced fumbles and two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) as a junior.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...0%26id%3d14753