Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 OH WR Roger Williamson (Offer)

Wide Receiver
Dayton, OH (Dunbar)

Ht:6'1"
Wt:180 lbs
GPA:3.1
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Interest from UC and OSU.

Offered by Stanford, Syracuse, Wisconsin, MSU, MD, KN, Indiana, others...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Scoutingohio profile..

http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/vi...2653&name=rj12
Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Two of his official visits will be to Michigan St and Stanford.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

I think that MSU is recruiting him as a CB. Williamson is one of the top athletes in OH and would be a great pickup. MSU will get an official along with Stanford. His film is impressive and he would be able to compete for some early PT at MSU. It would be great if we could add Williamson to our secondary. He has the talent and skill to be a great player, he would just need some more coaching and time to develop. MSU should be in a great position to get him to commit.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...msu-offer.html
Old 05-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

From 3/10

Dayton (Ohio) Dunbar wide receiver Roger Williamson has quietly put together an impressive list of scholarship offers. North Carolina State, Iowa State, Northwestern, and Indiana headline his offer list, which includes a handful of MAC schools as well.

Williamson also stars for the Dunbar basketball team. Therefore, he has not had the opportunity to make visits to the schools that have offered.

“I like NC State, they stick out,” Williamson said. “I like the tradition there and the football program. Iowa State is another school I like, and the national exposure that comes with playing in the Big 12. Toledo is close to home. I have always followed them”

Williamson expects Cincinnati to join his offer list soon. He hopes another in-state powerhouse gets involved.

“Ohio State, no doubt about that,” Williamson said. “I grew up an Ohio State fan. I have received a few letters from them, but nothing hand written, and I haven’t talked with their coaches. I am going to the NIKE camp there on May 1st.”

Williamson could play offense or defense at the next level. Some schools are recruiting him as a safety.

“Ball State, Toledo, and NC State want me to play safety. Most of the other schools want me to play wide receiver. Whatever school I go to, I will play whatever they want me to play. It doesn’t matter to me what side of the ball I play on.”

Though Roger spends plenty of time on the football field and basketball court, he carries a 3.1 G.P.A. in the classroom.

“I am a hard working player,” Williamson said. “I play hard on each play. Whether we are up by 40 points or down by 40 points, I am not going to give up on plays. I am going to play hard and do my best to get my team pumped up. I hate to lose and I play to win. And, I really don’t like getting beat on defense.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=rivals-363139
Old 05-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Roger Williamson is not as well known as some of the other top Ohioans, but the Buckeyes know about him.

The Buckeyes have offered a scholarship to one Ohio wide receiver, Shane Wynn from Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville. They are also continuing to look at another talented Ohio wide receiver prospect, Shaq Washington from Maple Heights (Ohio) Maple Heights.

Wynn and Washington are similar in many ways including their height (both are in the 5-foot-8 range), speed and ability to make things happen.

The Ohio State coaching staff is also definitely interested in another in-state wide receiver, but this one is cut out of a different mold.

Dayton (Ohio) Dunbar star Roger Williamson is a 6-foot-2 and 180-pound receiver who doubles as a fine defensive back. In fact Williamson says he might prefer to play on the defensive side of the ball in college.

Williamson played cornerback last season and intercepted seven passes, taking two back for touchdowns. He also caught close to 20 passes, had six touchdown receptions, and scored once on a kickoff return.

“Different schools want me for different positions,” Williamson said. “Some say wide receiver and some say safety. I prefer defense, but whatever they want is fine.”

Williamson is hardly a secret when it comes to recruiters.

“I got an offer from Wisconsin (on Wednesday),” Williamson said. “That makes 19. Stanford is a big one. Boston College, Kansas, Maryland, North Carolina State, those are big ones. I have Indiana and Northwestern from the Big Ten.”

When asked to name the schools he is interested in, Williamson said, “Stanford sticks out because of their academics and the job opportunities after school. I like Maryland. I like Wisconsin and Indiana because it’s the Big Ten.

“I like Ohio State of course. That’s a big one. They are my home-state school. Florida State is a big one.”

An offer from the Buckeyes is certainly not out of the question.

“Ohio State has come to our school about three times,” Williamson said. “They came out last week. They said they are going to stay on me. They want me to come to camp and see me during the season. I’ll go to their camp, June 11.”

Kurelic’s Comment: There are some that feel Williamson will end up being the top wide receiver prospect in the Ohio class of 2011. There is no doubt the Bucks have an interest. I don’t see Williamson landing an Ohio State offer anytime soon, but it is not out of the question that it could happen sometime down the road.

http://bucknuts.com/nbc4i/index.php?...1&&Itemid=1346
Old 05-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

He would be a great get for UC either as a WR or CB. I'm hoping UC offers him soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

.....and he has a UC offer.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Pretty good offer list. Rivals has him rated as a 5.7 3 star and the #57 ranked WR prospect nationally. I wonder if that means we aren't doing so hot with our other WR prospects? According to the piece Tim Adams did for the Enquirer we were planning on taking 3 WRs in this class and obviously we've already got Chisum in the fold.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote