Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #171
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=mdchick;140654]Where are these minutes everyone is talking about.

Out of 200 minutes here is the breakdown:
Evans 35
Caupain 33
Clark 33
Washington 32
Johnson 23
Cumberland 22(Cumberland and Johnson will also play the 3)

With just those 6 players that is 178 minutes so that leaves 22 minutes to be divided up between tre Scott, Justin Jenifer, quadri Moore, and nysier Brooks.

I just don't see the minutes everyone is talking about.[/
Agreed
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #172
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Only guy they backed off of this spring was Niem Stevenson, but keep pushing false narratives...
It was a joke. Lighten up. Jesus you are a jerk sometimes.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #173
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Where are these minutes everyone is talking about.

Out of 200 minutes here is the breakdown:
Evans 35
Caupain 33
Clark 33
Washington 32
Johnson 23
Cumberland 22(Cumberland and Johnson will also play the 3)

With just those 6 players that is 178 minutes so that leaves 22 minutes to be divided up between tre Scott, Justin Jenifer, quadri Moore, and nysier Brooks.

I just don't see the minutes everyone is talking about.
While based on need those players may get that many minutes, that is far from ideal. Plus expecting 45 minutes a game from Johnson and a freshmen....hopefully Cumberland will play that many or more ...seems a bit presumptuous. If we had depth, Evans wouldn't play that many. And the bigs would get more rest.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #174
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
With depth I'm not worried about 1-3, everyone wants another wing for next year but evans is gonna be the man and vocal point hard to sell someone to back him up. But cumberland and evan johnson can slide down and play the three at times if evans needs a rest no big deal. My fear comes at depth of the four and five. I'd put our top six against almost any team in the countries top six, but after that there's a drop. My fear is if washington (who I have high expectations for) or Gary gets hurt or foul trouble the drop off is large. I don't think brooks is ready for important minutes next year and expect quadri to be back up five ( he doesn't have footwork to cover a four needs to play at five if he gets any minutes) problem with quad is I fear he gets destroyed on the boards and we give up to many offensive rebounds when he's in. Scott will see minutes at four at times but that will be a huge drop off in offense from clark. Key to this season will be staying out of foul trouble and staying healthy if they do that we are golden but one or two injuries could kill our season and foul trouble could kill us in some games too
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #175
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
While based on need those players may get that many minutes, that is far from ideal. Plus expecting 45 minutes a game from Johnson and a freshmen....hopefully Cumberland will play that many or more ...seems a bit presumptuous. If we had depth, Evans wouldn't play that many. And the bigs would get more rest.
Evans will be one of the best players in the AAC next year.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #176
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Evans will be one of the best players in the AAC next year.

I don't doubt that. Love that kid.

Can shoot outside, nice pull-up, and can take it to the hole. Plays with control. As he improves and matures, he is going to be a load for other teams to deal with.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #177
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
With depth I'm not worried about 1-3, everyone wants another wing for next year but evans is gonna be the man and vocal point hard to sell someone to back him up. But cumberland and evan johnson can slide down and play the three at times if evans needs a rest no big deal. My fear comes at depth of the four and five. I'd put our top six against almost any team in the countries top six, but after that there's a drop. My fear is if washington (who I have high expectations for) or Gary gets hurt or foul trouble the drop off is large. I don't think brooks is ready for important minutes next year and expect quadri to be back up five ( he doesn't have footwork to cover a four needs to play at five if he gets any minutes) problem with quad is I fear he gets destroyed on the boards and we give up to many offensive rebounds when he's in. Scott will see minutes at four at times but that will be a huge drop off in offense from clark. Key to this season will be staying out of foul trouble and staying healthy if they do that we are golden but one or two injuries could kill our season and foul trouble could kill us in some games too

I worry a great deal about the 1, 4, & 5.

Last year, anytime Mick had Caupain and Clark out of the game at the same time it was a disaster. Evans should help, but we still need a better backup at the 1 unless Jenifer makes a HUGE jump. Which I guess is possible.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #178
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Hopefully he's ready to lose a lot.
Yea, because there so much winning going on with this program.

Mick just keeps flexing that recruiting mojo. 2.3 million and can't even lock down 3 star kids over a program that is clearly in a state of flux.

Anymore Northeast Conference Players looking to transfer?
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #179
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Also heard back from a guy on twitter I DMed at zagsblog who says regardless of what happens Hicks, Bearcats are not done trying to find an athletic swingman. Said the name is impressive and can be impact player right away. Wouldn't give me a name and also after doing some looking around I have zero clue who that could be. Just FYI
I know a lot of people say were out on deshawn corprew but Who knows if we really are, it could be him....
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #180
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I know a lot of people say were out on deshawn corprew but Who knows if we really are, it could be him....
Yeah you could be right. It's gotta be either Corprew or White. I looked around more and honestly other than them two there are no players fitting his description left.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote