Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'13 NJ PG Jaren Sina (Offer)

Has decommitted from Alabama. I look for the Cats and Mick Cronin to quickly get back in on this kid. He is a fantastic player. Four star talent ranked 86th by Rivals in his class.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Earlier today, Adam Finkelstein of the New England Recruiting Report broke the news that class of 2013 standout Jaren Sina had decommitted from Alabama. A 6'1 point guard out of Gill St. Bernard's (NJ), Sina is the #38 ranked player in the Northstar Basketball Post-July 2013 Top 80.

It was over eight months ago, in the middle of his sophomore season, that Sina surprised some by making an early pledge to the Crimson Tide. His decision to reopen his recruitment today was even more surprising, as the talented floor general had been steadfast in his commitment to the SEC program.

This evening, Northstar Basketball caught up with Sina, the top junior in the Garden State, to discuss his choice to put his name back on the board.

"Well I think I just rushed in to it and I just want to be 100% sure tht [sic] I made the right decision and I just want to go through the process again," Sina said by text message. "But alabama will still be one of the schools I'm considering."

Asked if there was anything in particular that made him feel that this was the time to decommit, Sina replied, "Not really I just wanted to go through the process."

Sina, who was the fifth highest ranked committed player in the 2013 class, talked about his conversation with the Alabama coaching staff.

"I notified them earlier today and I just told them how I wanted to look at some other options and they were disappointed but very supportive and understanding," Sina said.

The seventh ranked point guard in the class of 2013, Sina reported offers from Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John's and others the month before he pledged to Alabama. Now that he is back on the market, his phone is already ringing off the hook.

"[I have] gotten alotttttt of calls but I haven't even had the chance to reach back or check them yet," Sina said of whether any schools have contacted him yet.

There are no schools in particular that Sina will focus on, as he said, "Not really I'm keeping everything open."

Sina, whose father Mergin—also his high school and AAU coach—played at Seton Hall and Rhode Island, said that he is not sure when he will be making his decision this time around.

"No as of right now I have no time frame at all," Sina said.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/
Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Jaren Sina lists Alabama, UVA, PSU, Georgetown, Miami, SHU, Rutgers, St Johns, Florida St, Michigan, Cincinnati, Clemson, Syracuse & WVU.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Ever since decommitting from Alabama last week, Gill St. Bernard’s 2013 point guard Jaren Sina has attracted a lot of attention.

Sina told SNY.tv he’s heard from Alabama, Virginia, Penn State, Georgetown, Miami, Seton Hall, Rutgers, St. John’s, Florida State, Michigan, Cincinnati, Clemson, Syracuse and West Virginia.

“I haven’t set any visits yet,” he said by text. “Just getting back in the process with the whole recruiting thing,”

Sina led his team to a 26-3 record and the Somerset County title last season.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/10/j...uch-attention/
Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Kansas now interested be TheRecruitScoop...
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline Miami (FL) offered Jaren Sina, a 2013 PG from Gill St. Bernard's (NJ). Rutgers' Mike Rice & Penn State's Pat Chambers saw him workout.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline Jaren Sina, a 2013 PG from Gill St. Bernard's (NJ), took an unofficial visit to Seton Hall today.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop After visiting Seton Hall last weekend, 2013 St. Bernard's (NJ) PG Jaren Sina will visit PennTheRecruitScoop After visiting Seton Hall last weekend, 2013 St. Bernard's (NJ) PG Jaren Sina will visit Penn
Old 10-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

NEW YORK *– Jaren Sina is back on the open market and taking full advantage of his newfound freedom. Having recently decommitted from Alabama, the 6-foot-1 , 175 -pound 2013 point guard from Gill St. Bernard’s in New Jersey has taken unofficial visits to Penn State and Seton Hall. “[Penn State] was great,” Sina said of his Sunday visit. “I got a chance to check out the campus and meet some of the players and coaches and watch a practice.” Click here to read the full story at fivestarbasketball.com
Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Rutgers, Penn St, Miami, Cincinnati, St. John's, Alabama & SHU have offered Jaren Sina. The former Alabama commit was at Seton Hall today.