Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #11
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
As much as I hate to say this I believe making the NCAA this year will be a very big challenge for this group. I hope I am wrong. We lost 3 very good players who played a bunch of minutes. Evans and Clark had very well rounded games. Washington could score inside and step out to drain a 3. We are asking this current group to fill some very big holes. If Mick gets them to the dance it will be a huge collective effort by the whole team.

Style will need to be determined, roles will need to be identified and the one constant in the Mick Era is if you intend to play you better guard. I think this years squad will be a work in progress. We have some players with skill but we lost a bunch of our leadership. Can't wait to see who steps up.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #12
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
As much as I hate to say this I believe making the NCAA this year will be a very big challenge for this group. I hope I am wrong. We lost 3 very good players who played a bunch of minutes. Evans and Clark had very well rounded games. Washington could score inside and step out to drain a 3. We are asking this current group to fill some very big holes. If Mick gets them to the dance it will be a huge collective effort by the whole team.

Style will need to be determined, roles will need to be identified and the one constant in the Mick Era is if you intend to play you better guard. I think this years squad will be a work in progress. We have some players with skill but we lost a bunch of our leadership. Can't wait to see who steps up.
We will make the tourney. We are blinded by the fact that we still have a good team just not a top 10 team like we have had the past 2 years. We are no worse than any of those teams that made the tournament years prior to the past two years (besides our sweet 16 year). That's just my opinion. Is it going to look pretty all the time, no way. But with our schedule, and conference, we will make the tournament. My guess is a 6 to 9 seed.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 09-25-2018 at 08:07 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:44 AM   #13
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We will make the tourney. We are blinded by the fact that we still have a good team just not a top 10 team like we have had the past 2 years. We are no worse than any of those teams that made the tournament years prior to the past two years (besides our sweet 16 year). That's just my opinion. Is it going to look pretty all the time, no way. But with our schedule, and conference, we will make the tournament. My guess is a 6 to 9 seed.
Hope your right Garrad. I still think we have talent but only Cumberland has been anything more then a role player to this point. Some of the guys are going to be asked to be consistent contributors. They will be handling the ball at crunch time. We also lost our two best defenders. At this point I can't make myself believe we will be able to just out score teams. Hope your right and the kids embrace their opportunities. Time will tell.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #14
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkv View Post
That's a bit of an exagerration. There are only 3 players on the team who aren't a threat to shoot the three - Brooks, Nsoseme and Scott. At most we will have 2 of the on the court at any one time and Scott can shoot from 15 feet or so, so they won't be able to completely ignore him. We also have possible small lineups where everyone can shoot the three (e.g. Broome, Cumberland, Williams, Fredericks, Diarra).
looking forward to having Fredericks, Williams, Cumberland and Broome on the floor at the same time. Hope we see a lot of it.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #15
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

We will make the tournament easily
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We will make the tournament easily
Hope your right Jon.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 AM   #17
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
looking forward to having Fredericks, Williams, Cumberland and Broome on the floor at the same time. Hope we see a lot of it.
Fredericks is huge for this team...if he can put up numbers remotely close to his JUCO stats, it will go a long way to ease the pain of Evans' departure. Now, who will fill the void of Gary & Kyle? I don't see anyone unless Diarra shocks the BB world with a breakout year.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #18
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Fredericks is huge for this team...if he can put up numbers remotely close to his JUCO stats, it will go a long way to ease the pain of Evans' departure. Now, who will fill the void of Gary & Kyle? I don't see anyone unless Diarra shocks the BB world with a breakout year.
You don’t fill the Gary void, not this team anyhow.

A lineup of Broome, Cumberland, Fredericks, Scott and Nsoseme seems pretty good to me. Logan Johnson and Unexciting but reliable ball handling by JJ has us ok there. We will need Williams and moore to provide a scoring punch this season. Our bigs on the bench is what concerns me for sure.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote