Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
He has took a 20 win team and turned it into a 50 win team in 2 years. Not everyone comes into the league with the Celtics or Lakers. Seattle had NOBODY when he got there. Are you serious? He is what 22? He will definately out due LBJ in titles without having to jump on anyones back.

I like Kobe but how many titles would he win without the Lakers? We saw what LBJ could do with the cavs who arent far off OKC. Dwade was nothing without shaq.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
For the record I'm really not a big OKC fan or anything, I just like messing with Dontmisshim. All in good fun though man!

And btw I just saw that the Clippers beat OKC last night. lol

Last edited by psax889906; 11-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
He has took a 20 win team and turned it into a 50 win team in 2 years. Not everyone comes into the league with the Celtics or Lakers. Seattle had NOBODY when he got there. Are you serious? He is what 22? He will definately out due LBJ in titles without having to jump on anyones back.

I like Kobe but how many titles would he win without the Lakers? We saw what LBJ could do with the cavs who arent far off OKC. Dwade was nothing without shaq.
On your first point, he has a lot of other talent around him, but they are still young and haven't proven anything. I think they will be good in the future, but I just don't understand how everyone is calling it them v lakers in semi's.

About Kobe, I really think he is underrated. How good was Pau Gasol before he played for the Lakers? He is on the verge of a 3 peat, and I'm not so sure anyone else on his team is a hall of famer. Tell me someone else who has done that?

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone

Last edited by Kingsley Court; 11-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
For the record I'm really not a big OKC fan or anything, I just like messing with Dontmisshim. All in good fun though man!

And btw I just saw that the Clippers beat OKC last night. lol
Yeah my post wasn't really directed at you, but still anything to make fun of Dontmisshim is okay in my book. Keep up the good work.

I think it will be interesting who gets the rookie of the year award this year. Early on it could be Wall, but I wouldn't be shocked if Griffen took over the spot by the end of the year.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post

OKC has much more talent then the Cavs...Also, what are you trying to prove about Kobe? I dont know anyone that carried the team by themselves to win it all. Granted-Kobe had one other top 50 player for three of his titles- he didnt have one for the other two. MJ had one every year he won the title I believe..

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #16
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
OKC has much more talent then the Cavs.
After watching them last night, I'm not so sure. From what I've read and seen Jeff Green's game hasn't translated quite as well to the NBA as some thought. Past Russell Westbrook and Durant, I don't see much talent on that team. Now granted, Westbrook and Durant are two VERY good players... in fact, I really enjoyed watching them last night. it was Westbrook who took that game over in OT... he is a stud.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
After watching them last night, I'm not so sure. From what I've read and seen Jeff Green's game hasn't translated quite as well to the NBA as some thought. Past Russell Westbrook and Durant, I don't see much talent on that team. Now granted, Westbrook and Durant are two VERY good players... in fact, I really enjoyed watching them last night. it was Westbrook who took that game over in OT... he is a stud.
I can see your point-especially after watching last nights game. Even if thats all he had by him, its still better then anyone James had last year. However,I think Kristic is about as good as anyone the Cavs had down low-and yes that includes the 20 mins Shaq played. Maybe if shaq played more mins I would give him the edge but a 35 min Kristic brings more to the table then a 20 min Shaq. As for Green- I agree not as good as expected, but still has some talent there. The combination of Green, Sefolosha, James Hardin (who I think is very good and has a solid NBA future ahead of him) and Daequan Cook makes the Guard position all around better then what the Cavs brought to the table.

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
I can see your point-especially after watching last nights game. Even if thats all he had by him, its still better then anyone James had last year. However,I think Kristic is about as good as anyone the Cavs had down low-and yes that includes the 20 mins Shaq played. Maybe if shaq played more mins I would give him the edge but a 35 min Kristic brings more to the table then a 20 min Shaq. As for Green- I agree not as good as expected, but still has some talent there. The combination of Green, Sefolosha, James Hardin (who I think is very good and has a solid NBA future ahead of him) and Daequan Cook makes the Guard position all around better then what the Cavs brought to the table.
Yeah it seems as though the Thunder have a lot of young players who have yet to realize their full potential- and with a guy like Cook, I question if he ever will.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Joakim Noah comes in big tonight with 13 points, and 19 boards. He is having an all star season early on.