Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #61
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
On the grid at the FB game tonight I saw KJ, Caupain, Chris Perry and Nyarsuk. Nyarsuk is definitely a legit 7' and he looks built. I just saw Perry walk by, looked big and solid as well, but was dwarfed by Nyarsuk. They were all hanging with Lenny Stokes when I saw them. Hopefully we can lock up Perry and have a shot in the dark at Lawrence or Woodson. The atmosphere had to be great for recruits and the butt whoopin put on the ACC juggernaut Pitt is just icing on the cake.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #62
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
On the grid at the FB game tonight I saw KJ, Caupain, Chris Perry and Nyarsuk. Nyarsuk is definitely a legit 7' and he looks built. I just saw Perry walk by, looked big and solid as well, but was dwarfed by Nyarsuk. They were all hanging with Lenny Stokes when I saw them. Hopefully we can lock up Perry and have a shot in the dark at Lawrence or Woodson. The atmosphere had to be great for recruits and the butt whoopin put on the ACC juggernaut Pitt is just icing on the cake.
This is great news. I was worried about Nyarsuk's bulk. He looked thin in those highlights. If he's getting strong, I'll feel even better about his presence on the inside.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #63
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Perry enjoyed the experience. If Nyarsuk can truly contribute defensively, rebound and finish on put backs (he's a decent ft shooter) it changes things for UC tremendously. With the improvement of Mbodji and Nyarsuk along with JJ, T-Rub and Gaines UC's low post may not be dominant, but it will be solid.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #64
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Jeff, went to the game lastnight. Don't know if UC could put on a better show for recruits. Lots of stars on hand including Reds and Bengals. Everyone was having a great time unless you were a Pitt foan and they were very quiet.

I also agree with you about the post for the Cats next year. If they play good defense and rebound the ball we will be fine. they will get the occasinal garbage bucket as well. Wings should more than carry the offense. SK,Cash,Parker and Sanders and others will provide enough points. If David and Mondj rebound and block shots we could be a force by playing up tempo and using our numbers to pressure the ball for the entire game. Recruits have to love this style of play. Couple that with some respect Mick and staff are starting to get nationally and the arrow is certainly pointing up for UC.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #65
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
He's more nimble and less stiff than other bigs we've had. I worry about his strength, but if he's been working on that this summer and keeps at it; he should be a damn good fit for this team. They better make a run this year.
I don't know if we have a decent PG on this team the following season.
With the depth, talent in the back court and the length in the front, no excuse if they lose in the first weekend.
Keep 'em fresh and rotate the bigs in and out like a D-line. Between JJ, Nyarsuk, T-Rubles and Mbodj, I hope we have the ability to do that.

Btw...saw Jackson sitting by the practice field with his lady last night. He looked enormous (although was sitting down). I also witnessed a d-bag in front of me say "Justin, you're awesome" then walk 20 yards past him and turn to his friends to say "He can't hit a free throw to save his life."
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #66
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
"Larry Davis was on top of it and did a great job and there was a trust level there," said Coach Cronin. "I think that what probably separated us from other people was that we told David and his coach that we wanted him. I think a lot of people were inquiring about David and from the first time that we spoke to him, we told him that we wanted him, we needed him, and we were willing to take him that day.

"He changes the game on the defensive end," said Bolen. "He's a great shot blocker, runs the floor well, and is a lot stronger than he looks. He has skinny legs, but he has a lot of fight in him. I had calls from schools in the ACC, Big East, Big 10 - I had calls from about everywhere for him. His offensive game has improved tremendously over the past two years and I think he's a great addition for Cincinnati."

"I think David is definitely going to be able to help us," said Cronin. "He has played college basketball for two years and he's played at the highest level of NAIA which is better than junior college basketball. He's got a chance to help us right away - how much I don't know yet because I haven't had a chance to get him out there. I can tell you that we're excited to have him."

"(His English) is a lot better than it was two years ago," said Bolen. "He barely missed on the SAT score and he's a great student and very conscientious. He's a great kid, he's a Christian, and they can't get a better kid."

"He's ready," said Coach Bolen. "We only had one Division I game last year and that was against Morehead State and we beat 'em by 15 and he dominated the game. He'll surprise a lot of people because he's ready to play at that level."

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog/dan-hoard/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote