Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #51
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Harry Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
As soon as it is known that Samari is committed to UC and not Xavier, his nomination will be withdrawn.
Mr. Harry Bush---you are a mush mouth!
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #52
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Mr. Harry Bush---you are a mush mouth!
I don't own any huskies, and its BOSCH. A little sarcasim is good for the soul.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #53
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
After last night's game Samari Curtis hits the 2,000 point mark for his high school career. Huge accomplishment for a great kid. Can't wait to see what he can do next year for Cincinnati. How does everyone see him fitting into the lineup next year? Off the bench role player like Jarron was his first year or starter right away?
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #54
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
After last night's game Samari Curtis hits the 2,000 point mark for his high school career. Huge accomplishment for a great kid. Can't wait to see what he can do next year for Cincinnati. How does everyone see him fitting into the lineup next year? Off the bench role player like Jarron was his first year or starter right away?
No, Curtis will not start right away. He will have to learn how to play defense with intensity. He is an offensive player, and he will see the court. Right now he plays one end of the floor with intensity.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #55
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
No, Curtis will not start right away. He will have to learn how to play defense with intensity. He is an offensive player, and he will see the court. Right now he plays one end of the floor with intensity.
We could use him today though seeing as we only get about 2-3 people playing that half of the floor with intensity in lots of games!
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #56
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Samari will be a huge piece in the lineup next year, There will absolutely be a learning curve for him on the defensive side of the ball. With that being said I think he will be a vital part to next years lineup with talk of moving Jarron to the point (If he stays of course). If Jarron were to leave we would need Samari to step in sooner than expected.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #57
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Samari will be a huge piece in the lineup next year, There will absolutely be a learning curve for him on the defensive side of the ball. With that being said I think he will be a vital part to next years lineup with talk of moving Jarron to the point (If he stays of course). If Jarron were to leave we would need Samari to step in sooner than expected.
I dont Jarron will be moved to point, I'll think he'll play point when Logan isnt in or whoever his backup will be, assuming we have one. Or late in games when the game might dictate it. Similar to how Evans was used last year.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #58
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
This guy is the perfect fit for us to replace Cumberland, you need to have a guy who can score it the way he can, the more I watch his videos the more I love what I’m seeing, he’s getting doubled, teams are running a box and 1 against him, doing everything they can every night and he’s still scoring 40 pts at an efficient clip, he may be scary next year with teams all over Cumberland and leaving Samari wide open.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #59
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
How in the hell is Samari Curtis a 3-star recruit on most services!? What an absolute joke. No way there are 100-150 kids more talented than him in the country let alone even 50. I guess since he committed to us early now he's just average despite lighting it up every night. SMDH no respect.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #60
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Samari just had his 9th, 40 point game this year! Incredible!
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote