Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
'13 NY G Max Twyman (walk-on)

He is 6'5" and 185 lbs

The grandson of the great Jack Twyman will be walking on at UC next year. This was mentioned during the radio broadcast of the game on Saturday.

Max Twyman isn’t one to boast. But anytime he and his brothers debate their basketball skills, Max has end-all response.

The Rye senior became on Wednesday the only member of his basketball-rich family to score 1,000 career points. Twyman, the younger brother of former Rye stars Jack and Chris Twyman, scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in the 64-49 win over Sleepy Hollow in a Class A outbracket game.

“I definitely have the bragging rights over them now,” Twyman said with a laugh.

Twyman, who said he plans to attend the University of Cincinnati and play as a walk-on, leads 15th-seeded Rye into Friday’s opening round at No. 2 Eastchester. Tip-off is at 7 p.m.
Rye surges into the next round after a strong second-half performance against Sleepy Hollow. The 18th-seeded Headless Horseman came out firing and had an early lead on a

“We knew they had some good shooters and they showed that early,” Twyman said. “We came out flat and were a little lackadaisical in the first half. But then we gave the effort needed.”

Twyman was at the center of that. He had five assists and three blocks, and keyed a 23-15 with a 3-pointer, which put him over the 1,000-point plateau.

“The second I let it go, I knew it was good,” said Twyman, who had the crowd chanting how many more points he needed for 1,000 in the first half. “It was definitely in the back of my mind and it was hard to ignore. I just had to come out and non rush it, just play in the flow of the game.”

The flow picked up for the Garnets as they broke the game open in the third quarter. Mike O’Neill scored 14 points, including three 3-pointers, and Drew Abate scored 14 points, shooting 7-of-9 from the floor and grabbing six rebounds.

Twyman said the Garnets feel confident despite facing a 17-win Eastchester team on the road on Friday.

“It’s happened before,” Twyman said. “When I was a freshman, we went to Sleepy Hollow in the first round and they were the No. 2 seed. We were expected to get blown out and, in the back of our mind, we knew were could beat them and we did.

“We definitely feel confident. We played Eastchester in a scrimmage and know the way they play. We are happy with our draw.”

http://www.msgvarsity.com/westcheste...-win-1.1397118
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Now that's cool.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Wow, very interesting for sure.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road

he is actually pretty damn good.

Last edited by mdchick; 03-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GFAceqG3EA

he is actually pretty damn good.
He has a good looking shot. His foot speed and hops is probably why he isn't a D1 prospect. Great addition for the Cats. Would love to see him in when a 3 is necessary.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Wonder if he'll wear his grandpa's jersey?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Wonder if he'll wear his grandpa's jersey?
Thank God, it's about time, a white guy who can shoot 3s. Also, could be valuable for hitting ft's down the stretch in close games.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Thank God, it's about time, a white guy who can shoot 3s. Also, could be valuable for hitting ft's down the stretch in close games.
You've done an excellent job of proving how little you know about how college basketball works with your previous posts but this takes the cake. I doubt this young man will see the floor in mildly competitive games.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You've done an excellent job of proving how little you know about how college basketball works with your previous posts but this takes the cake. I doubt this young man will see the floor in mildly competitive games.
If he can shoot ft's, he will play at the end of games. Do you really want Rubles at the line at the end of a game or a white guy who drains everything? Easy decision. I didn't say he will start or anything, but he definitely will do more than Epp. This guy looks like he is somewhere in between bench player and scrub. Epp scored 10 ppg in HS, this guy scores 22. Looks like you are an ignorant fool, Ralph's other account.

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 03-11-2013 at 08:43 PM.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
bearcat4life

bearcat4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
If he can shoot ft's, he will play at the end of games. Do you really want Rubles at the line at the end of a game or a white guy who drains everything? Easy decision. I didn't say he will start or anything, but he definitely will do more than Epp. This guy looks like he is somewhere in between bench player and scrub. Epp scored 10 ppg in HS, this guy scores 22. Looks like you are an ignorant fool, Ralph's other account.
why must you specify "white" guy?
bearcat4life is offline   Reply With Quote