Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Full Season Grades/Review

Overall Grade: C-
-We can't grade the season on how it the conference tourney went (which was good outside of the Houston game) and overall, the standard is the standard and we didn't meet it. The first 10 games were about the most frustrating UC games I've ever watched. We lacked an identity (and still largely do) and seemed to play as if nothing was at stake. But after the covid break, the team got some slump busters under their belt and figured out how to win. But overall, its a bad season. And nothing to be really be proud of. This is not UC basketball. But hopefully its a step in the right direction.

Growth & Development: B+
-the team clearly got better from Game 1 to the last game. But it wasn't perfect either. But overall I think you can count on john's teams getting better as the season goes on. JD, Mikey, Mason, & MAW all seemed to get better and more confident with the more games they played, which is what you want from a young core. Tari oozes with potential but seemed to get his own way through the season. Bigs take longer to develop. So I'd expect a huge jump from him in the offseason. But other guys like Chris Vogt some how got worse and become almost a liability, when last year they were an asset.

Coaching strategy/Rotations: C+
- the insistence on Vogt continued to boggle my mind throughout the season. And some of the player rotations at certain segments also bothered me. But overall It was an acceptable job. I do think Brannen needs a "defensive coordinator" on his staff (if he can recruit, then hire him today).

Kenpom preseason Rank: 59
Kenpom Postseason Rank: 116

Tier 1: 1-4
Tier 2: 4-4
Tier 3: 4-2
Tier 4: 3-1

Offensive Rank:151
Defenisve Rank: 87

We will finish the season with just 2 players on the roster with an offensive rating over 100 ( MAW, who literally matched his OR from last year and JD).

Returning players: ( Not including Dou, Nor Gabe until I see reason to )

Starters:
PG-David DeJulius - Sr
SG: Mika Adams-Woods - JR
SF: Jeremiah Davenport - JR
PF- Tari Eason - SO
C- Victor Lahkin - FR

Bench:
PG- Mikey Saunders - SO
G- Mason Madsen - SO

Team Needs:
-Alpha Scorer (SG)
-Elite lockdown wing defender (SG/SF)