Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-31-2021, 10:39 PM   #301
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
Gonzaga and their four potential first-round picks just called... they say you're not giving Mick credit where credit is due.
This crew Mick has will be first rd picks if they stay in school
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:42 PM   #302
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
They have 8 4 stars on their current roster. I know you want to push this narrative that they aren’t talented but that’s like having 8 jarrons on their team.

I give mick credit. He won. I’m happy for him. He left this program in a better spot and he went to where he could get a roster that includes 8 4 stars. That wasn’t happening here.
Jarron, yancy, Clark, evans, KW, Washington, Lance, biggie, Moore, Lawrence. Mick basically has team of all these guys at once
Old 03-31-2021, 10:45 PM   #303
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
That's why I wanted to keep Mick around. Get one lucky FF4 run here and with his record of going to every NCAA tournament, higher rated recruits are going to start come.

Now we've started over. We either need a coach to come in and pull a miracle run in the NCAA tournament in the next few years. Or we will be waiting 5-10 years for a coach to gradually rebuild us and get us back to the point we were at when Cronin left.

Either way, we need a coach who is willing to stay. All the small schools that have built themselves up have done it because their coach doesn't leave.
Mick got dependent on New York players in his first years. Yancy was best player we had in Cronin era but I believe even mick thought he was bust. Once he seen success with older teams I don’t think he cared where player wAs ranked. Mick wasn’t even going to biggest aau events anymore
Old 04-01-2021, 08:08 AM   #304
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
This crew Mick has will be first rd picks if they stay in school
Hmm I disagree.

Tyger is a great college player, not getting drafted
Cody Riley ain’t get drafted 1st round
Jacquez is likely a Gary Clark late 2nd round or undrafted
Bernard is not a 1st rounder
Kyman is undrafted

Literally this team has 1 first round pick & its Juzhang
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #305
justinhub2003
Epic Member

This is the most rattled I’ve ever seen Houston.

They are playing with so much nerves. Making mistakes that they’d never dare make against UC.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #306
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Baylor making Houston look like us. You really see the issue with Houston’s offense against these teams. Even Rutgers for much of their game. If Houston can’t beat you one on one, and out tough you, they can’t really do anything. Baylor is good though. Houston still had a great run
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #307
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is the most rattled I’ve ever seen Houston.

They are playing with so much nerves. Making mistakes that they’d never dare make against UC.
I don’t think it nerves. Baylor just a lot better.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #308
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if UCLA kept it close. Mick can muck up a game and make it ugly with the best of them and He rarely gets completely blown out
Old 04-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #309
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Teams that have done well against Gonzaga are teams exactly like Cronin's teams. On offense, slow it down, avoid TO's, take good shots late in the shot clock. On defense, defend the paint and make Gonzaga shoot over them.

If they can do those things, which are staples of Cronin's teams, they've got a chance to keep it close.

To win they probably need Gonzaga to be unusually cold from three and UCLA needs to have a good shooting night and make some tough shots. But in a one-off game, anything can happen.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #310
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if UCLA kept it close. Mick can muck up a game and make it ugly with the best of them and He rarely gets completely blown out
Mick’s system absolutely works if you have elite crafty scorers.

The fact that they are even in this game is a miracle. One of the largest spreads ever in a final four