Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #171
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
WSU made it? 2 bid league

Last edited by Bcatfollower; 03-14-2021 at 07:06 PM.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #172
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Like I said, people will see what they want to see. They will ignore pictures of him talking to Davenport on the bench and focus on him leaving 10 seconds early. It’s weird but we don’t know the story. Yesterday this was the closest team ever, now today, the coach doesn’t care about them at all. People overreact to everything
People are saying he was mad at Sampson. To me it seemed more like he was congratulating the coaches and players and telling them good luck in the NCAA. Maybe he figured once the game was over they'd be busy celebrating.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #173
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
People are saying he was mad at Sampson. To me it seemed more like he was congratulating the coaches and players and telling them good luck in the NCAA. Maybe he figured once the game was over they'd be busy celebrating.
I think he just started congratulating too early. I don’t think he was walking out on his team. Like I said, yesterday the team is so close, today, the coach doesn’t care about them at all. Seems like a reach to me but people will do what they do
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #174
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
I think Houston ran up the score. The game was clearly over the whole second half but I don’t blame them. We have beat them down for 30 years, finally pay back time. Have to be able to take it and get better. It looked a lot worse because they couldn’t miss
Wright State lost a game where they were up 24 with 6:26 left. It's not over until it's over. I'd rather UC run up the score than lose a "clearly over" game because they let their foot off the gas. So I am fine with other teams not letting up against us.

I am sure there was a bit of payback going on to. But mostly even their scrubs were hitting tough shots.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #175
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Wright State lost a game where they were up 24 with 6:26 left. It's not over until it's over. I'd rather UC run up the score than lose a "clearly over" game because they let their foot off the gas. So I am fine with other teams not letting up against us.

I am sure there was a bit of payback going on to. But mostly even their scrubs were hitting tough shots.
Agree, I said I didn’t have a problem with it. But I’d also probably be mad if I lost by 40 also. Both can be true.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #176
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
I think he just started congratulating too early. I don’t think he was walking out on his team. Like I said, yesterday the team is so close, today, the coach doesn’t care about them at all. Seems like a reach to me but people will do what they do
We will find out over the coming month or two how close they are. I hope everyone stays, only player I am ready to see go is Vogt. I am definitely concerned about guys transferring out (Eason, Davenport and Gabe), but maybe I'm being a pessimist.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #177
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
We will find out over the coming month or two how close they are. I hope everyone stays, only player I am ready to see go is Vogt. I am definitely concerned about guys transferring out (Eason, Davenport and Gabe), but maybe I'm being a pessimist.
Gabe isn’t even here. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t come back. I’d like to have him but won’t lose sleep over it. Davenport I would be surprised if he left. I’d guess Eason is 60-40 he comes back. I think Eason would benefit from staying in a system he kinda knows as opposed to learning a new one. He seems think have to think out there. He needs to get comfortable. I don’t have any information. All these guys could leave for all I know
Old 03-14-2021, 07:19 PM   #178
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
If only van exel coulda got the chance... national title guaranteed
Lol, I'm pretty sure Van exel would of transitioned and kept the culture alive it just would of had to be shown with results on the court. At least we didn't finish with a losing record this yr. Could have really eeked out some 1, 3 point wins against program's we typically handle. The league was putrid this yr as well. Me personally I dont believe with what we have returning we will be any better than this yr but one could hope
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:21 PM   #179
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Lol, I'm pretty sure Van exel would of transitioned and kept the culture alive it just would of had to be shown with results on the court. At least we didn't finish with a losing record this yr. Could have really eeked out some 1, 3 point wins against program's we typically handle. The league was putrid this yr as well. Me personally I dont believe with what we have returning we will be any better than this yr but one could hope
Na
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:21 PM   #180
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
I doubt we come back with the exact same roster. Players will be signed. I guarantee it