Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Coach Tuberville

Ok I hate to make a new thread about this but I couldnt find another to place it in. Its easy for us to overreact with the fact we already have 2 losses this year. But I was thinking last night tuberville is building something special here. Hes doing it the right way as well by red shirting almost every freshman every year. I think he will continue to get better recruits better coaching and better teams. As we saw last night when tubby went with bunch freshman on defense the talent is there. I just get the sense that he is doing it the right way and building for many years of success not just enough to get to another higher profile job. It reminds me of how cronin did it it was a painful rebuild at times but cronin did it the right way it was slow and painful but he built such a solid foundation that the success is now here and not going anywhere anytime soon. He has struggled a bit since he got here but its because hes trying to win with another coaches type of players and honestly I think Butch left us very thin at many spots

So what do you guys think am i overreacting over one big win? Or am i being realistic and keeping things in perspective. I have had my doubts if tuberville's the right guy but the more and more I think about it the more I think he is the perfect guy. I think he will lead us to a power 5 conference we are basically a big 12 team already. I dont think he will leave and he can recruit his ass off. So what do you guys think?

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 10-02-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
You are overreacting to one game against a team who's coach is actually worse than Tuberville. Great to finally beat a team with comparable talent but the track record indicates this is an aberration. We are still looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season best case scenario. That shouldn't be acceptable in this conference.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
It was a pretty impressive win with a record crowd. A lot of playmakers out (Moore, Boone, Holton) and backup QB in on national TV.

I think it is a wait and see. Memphis plays Ole Miss soon at the LB, so that will be a good measuring stick on how good they are. Temple is also pretty good beating PSU. Hard to know actually how good those teams are right now. Turnovers and special teams have been the killer this season. Those are things that can be fixed or hopefully fixed. OOC schedule also pretty tough. Tall task in Provo in two weeks.

I do agree UC should be battling for title in AAC
Old 10-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You are overreacting to one game against a team who's coach is actually worse than Tuberville. Great to finally beat a team with comparable talent but the track record indicates this is an aberration. We are still looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season best case scenario. That shouldn't be acceptable in this conference.
I'm pretty sure you'd find a way to complain about Tuberville even if he won a national title and went undefeated. He isn't amazing, but he has brought consistency to a program that lost two good coaches. He clearly knows how to develop a good offense. If he can get the defense to improve, his teams should be very competitive.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #5
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Overreacting? Much like you do over a trough loss. So two losses we had a chance to win or tie in the final minutes and turn the ball over, yet you want to come on here and belittle Tubbs in anyway you can, even by showing pictures of his home life, yet a win on the national stage and you still try and belittle the coach.

You are such an idiot and a disgrace to this fan base.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
Overreacting? Much like you do over a trough loss. So two losses we had a chance to win or tie in the final minutes and turn the ball over, yet you want to come on here and belittle Tubbs in anyway you can, even by showing pictures of his home life, yet a win on the national stage and you still try and belittle the coach.

C'mon, that picture was pretty funny.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
C'mon, that picture was pretty funny.
yea, for middle school humor. Maybe We can post some picks of Bostic and Mick's ex next. Clearly where this board is heading.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yea, for middle school humor. Maybe We can post some picks of Bostic and Mick's ex next. Clearly where this board is heading.
It's a lot quieter on this board since when I joined.

Is it... is it me?
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good grief. Learn to laugh.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:57 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote