Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Connecticut

Mike Patrick and Bob Knight have the call on Thursday at 8pm on ESPN2.

This is a must win if UC wants to be in the mix for the conference title. Thoughts?
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
Mike Patrick and Bob Knight have the call on Thursday at 8pm on ESPN2.

This is a must win if UC wants to be in the mix for the conference title. Thoughts?
Is UConn going to get snowed in? And I never thought I'd say this, but I've never wished this hard in my life for Len Elmore to call a UC game.

I think this is definitely a must win. Can't lose at home and can't lose to anyone twice. Clark seems to play better at home. Hopefully he has a better game than he did yesterday and against UConn the first time. I'd love to see Cobb break out of his slump a little and knock down some shots like he did against SMU. I think we will be -6.
UC 65
UConn 54
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
The game is a whiteout as well. Make sure if you are attending that you wear white!
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Think we'll sell this one out? We had 12,071 for Temple, but that was a Saturday night. Had just under 10k for Houston last Wednesday. I think it'll be darn close.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #5
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Think we'll sell this one out? We had 12,071 for Temple, but that was a Saturday night. Had just under 10k for Houston last Wednesday. I think it'll be darn close.
I hope so. We don't have that many big games left besides this one, the Shootout and Memphis...
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I'd say about 12k
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Is UConn going to get snowed in? And I never thought I'd say this, but I've never wished this hard in my life for Len Elmore to call a UC game.

I think this is definitely a must win. Can't lose at home and can't lose to anyone twice. Clark seems to play better at home. Hopefully he has a better game than he did yesterday and against UConn the first time. I'd love to see Cobb break out of his slump a little and knock down some shots like he did against SMU. I think we will be -6.
UC 65
UConn 54
They should be fine. UConn spokesperson said they were planning to leave til Wednesday afternoon and the storm is on the downward trend.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I think this is a must-win in regards to winning the league, but certainly not must-win to make the tourney, though. The goal at the beginning of the year, for me at least, was to simply make the tournament. I think we've impressed some, so maybe the goal has changed a little, but don't get too far ahead and think we're ready to be a 6 seed in the tourney. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world. We're currently on pace for an 8/9 seed, and I don't think a W/L would change that much, depending on how we finish the season obviously.

All that said, I think we should, and will, win it. Home-court will be big in this one. I expect the guys to be extremely fired up in this one, since they know they could've very easily won in Hartford. It's a big game in terms of perception and conference standing, but it's not a "MUST WIN" as some are saying IMO. Hope that all makes sense; I'm running on a few hours of sleep lol.

UC 63
UConn 56
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think this is a must-win in regards to winning the league, but certainly not must-win to make the tourney, though. The goal at the beginning of the year, for me at least, was to simply make the tournament. I think we've impressed some, so maybe the goal has changed a little, but don't get too far ahead and think we're ready to be a 6 seed in the tourney. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world. We're currently on pace for an 8/9 seed, and I don't think a W/L would change that much, depending on how we finish the season obviously.

All that said, I think we should, and will, win it. Home-court will be big in this one. I expect the guys to be extremely fired up in this one, since they know they could've very easily won in Hartford. It's a big game in terms of perception and conference standing, but it's not a "MUST WIN" as some are saying IMO. Hope that all makes sense; I'm running on a few hours of sleep lol.

UC 63
UConn 56
Definitely makes sense. The only thing that would concern me if we lose is that we'd risk starting to venture into the territory where we wouldn't control our own destiny. UConn would have 2 heads up wins against us and they have shown they can get hot and win the conference tourney if need be. We'd also be at 3 losses with road games vs the top 2 teams, road game at Temple and a Memphis rematch. There could easily be 2+ losses in there and we really don't know how many teams the committee will take from our conference (especially if a random team wins the tournament). I definitely think we're a tournament team, but we must hold serve at home. So I agree this isn't a "must win" in terms of making the tournament per se, but we might be fighting an uphill battle moving forward if we lose bc we'd essentially be kicking the "must win" can down the road where it could come back and bite us if one of the tougher games later truly does become a "must win".
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #10
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We had i believe upper 12 thousand last year against uconn, close to 13 k, that was also a very snowy week so parking on the street was brutal, but boy that crowd was rocking. This year uconn does have the name of defending national champs, and uconn game is always rocking so im hoping for a sellout. The students will be packed in there i know that, if it doesnt sell out it would just be the a few openings in the top corners. 8 oclock on thursday, espn, the general (Bob knight) is coming i cant wait!
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote