Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 04-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #21
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
That guy is a turd
Maybe so. I'm not here to judge. Just posting what I come across. That's why I said to take it with a grain of salt.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #22
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Maybe so. I'm not here to judge. Just posting what I come across. That's why I said to take it with a grain of salt.
I say that because from what ive seen on twitter, I use to follow him, and all he would do is get in fights with UC fans and talk loads of crap
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #23
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Every time this thread lights up I need a shot of whiskey before clicking it
Contributing to your sanity, have another drink. Like you and many UC fans, I'm numb to this discussion. I want it so desperately, but it's looking more and more like the waiting will go on and on and on...

Boren may get his way, I'm not counting on it. The next round of Big12 meetings will be focused on the conference championship game. The discussion may get to looking at the expansion data received, but not discussing expansion or even voting on it.

As fans, the only thing we can do is support our team which Coach TT is making difficult.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #24
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Expansion talk picking up steam again here's a good article in the enquier on our chances
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...nces/83720444/
7 of the ten are in favor of expansion, 75% is needed in big 12. We need Texas, Texas tech, or tcu to change their mind. Our best bet is Texas tech imo.

Here's another good article
http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2016/5...as-tcu-memphis
A football title game would increase their chance of getting a team in playoff by 4-5%

*** things will be more clear in a month or so
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #25
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Also stumbled upon this a month back and forgot to share it. interesting article it states what uc has done, sent, told the big 12 of why they should be added
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...on-realignment
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #26
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...date/83998670/
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #27
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
The fact that an independent consulting firm has recommended to the Big 12 that they expand to have the best chance of being competitive going forward is huge news. Bowlsby already said that the University Presidents were committed to learning what an independent commission would present and that their recommendations would have a big impact on any decisions that are made.

I really think at this point it's going to come down to the pride of Texas. Will they be able to admit that the Longhorn Network is not commercially viable and will they be willing to convert it to a Big 12 network and remain with the biggest piece of the pie or will they be too prideful to admit that their network is tanking at it's not sustainable?

Based on everything I've read/heard over the last month I'm more bullish than ever on the possibility of us joining the Big 12. I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen but I also won't be shocked if it does. I'd put the odds right now at 50/50.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #28
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
I'm for Memphis. After having attended the Liberty Bowl vs Vandy, I really like Memphis. Beale St was great. Memphis is pretty close to WVU and UC. I think it would be a nice fit and in the heart of SEC/ACC country. UC would be in the heart of Big 10 country.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #29
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Hope is Fading

The more I read about Big 12 Expansion, the more discouraged I become. At first, I got a sense it may very well happen, and UC was at the top of possible candidates. Now, it seems that expansion may not happen at all, and UC is an also-ran. Money controls everything, and that is one thing lacking with UC.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:13 AM   #30
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
The more I read about Big 12 Expansion, the more discouraged I become. At first, I got a sense it may very well happen, and UC was at the top of possible candidates. Now, it seems that expansion may not happen at all, and UC is an also-ran. Money controls everything, and that is one thing lacking with UC.
Don't give up all hope. We're in a decent location with a decent market. Not the greatest, but pretty good. Look at how FC Cincinnati has been doing and that will give you an idea of the untapped media potential of our area.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote