Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #401
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Dude you know Cronin would have won this game. Especially with Jarron Keith and trevon.

He would have won simply because he would have never let them drop 94 points on us.
No,I do not know. He lost to East Carolina last year with Jarron Keith and Tevon
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #402
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Our offense is better than 4 teams in the league.

Ecu, Tulsa, temple & south Florida

Our defense is also 8th in the league.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #403
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
No,I do not know. He lost to East Carolina last year and lost to Hofstra a week ago
In micks last 4 seasons combined at UC.... we lost 1 game to a team ranked 100 or worse. Which was a road game at ecu, where Shawn Williams shot best game ever.

Mick won 3 out 4 of his early season tourney. The only loss coming to Rhode Island who was a top 35 team.

Mick lost to ECU... in what was supposed to be a complete rebuilding year. And yet took us back to the tourney.

Add in that Brannen inherited an entirely different situation then Cronin. Cronin inherited a bunch of losing players who lost their top 3 scorers. Brannen inherited a team who returned its top 3 scorers and was picked 3rd in his league, UCLA was picked 9th or something.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #404
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I just have a feeling that in 3 years time, we will all be wishing for mediocre Mick back because we’ve missed the tourney 3 straight years and will be spending all of our televised games on ESPN+

I hope to god that isn’t the case.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #405
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In micks last 4 seasons combined at UC.... we lost 1 game to a team ranked 100 or worse. Which was a road game at ecu, where Shawn Williams shot best game ever.

Mick won 3 out 4 of his early season tourney. The only loss coming to Rhode Island who was a top 35 team.

Mick lost to ECU... in what was supposed to be a complete rebuilding year. And yet took us back to the tourney.

Add in that Brannen inherited an entirely different situation then Cronin. Cronin inherited a bunch of losing players who lost their top 3 scorers. Brannen inherited a team who returned its top 3 scorers and was picked 3rd in his league, UCLA was picked 9th or something.
Cronin lost to East Carolina last year with the best player in the AAC on his roster, stop making excuses for him
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:30 PM   #406
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
2 losses in first 5 games - check

loss to horrible team - check

fight with xavier - wait and see

i say we go all out 2013 and run it to a sweet 16.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #407
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Cronin lost to East Carolina last year with the best player in the AAC on his roster, stop making excuses for him
Ok... He lost to one sub top 100 team in a 4 year span.

Like Jarron Cumberland has been apart of 2 Sub 100 losses in his career, One is from Brannen and one is from Cronin.. thing is Cronin was his coach for 3 years, Brannen has been his coach for 5 games.

In the last 4 years Mick was: 67-1 Vs Teams ranked top 100 or worse

Thats good for 99% in his last 4 years.

Do you think after what we just saw in the illinois state game, where Jarron had to save his ass and the Bowling Green game, that Brannen is going to go with a 99% winning percentage against teams in the top 100 and worse?

For example: UCLA last season ranked literally almost identical to bowling green, and we kicked their ass. NKU was ranked 96, which is better than bowling green, and we kicked their ass. We beat UCONN 2x and they ranked identical to BGU.

just last season alone Mick had 14 top 100 wins. Brannen has 2 in his 5 year career.

Yes, the 99% winning percentage says Mick wins this game if he is coaching.

I mean seriously though.. Did UC really just hire a coach with 2 top 100 wins in his career? And we wonder why we look like we have no idea what were doing.. Its because we don't..

His 2 top 100 wins are against Oakland and ETSU.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 11-25-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #408
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
2 losses in first 5 games - check

loss to horrible team - check

fight with xavier - wait and see

i say we go all out 2013 and run it to a sweet 16.
I think we lose the fight with Xavier this time though LOL

Outside of Jarron, Im not sure who we have in a cage fight to match up against Tyrique jones, Paul Scruggs & Naji Marshall.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #409
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok... He lost to one sub top 100 team in a 4 year span.

Like Jarron Cumberland has been apart of 2 Sub 100 losses in his career, One is from Brannen and one is from Cronin.. thing is Cronin was his coach for 3 years, Brannen has been his coach for 5 games.

In the last 4 years Mick was: 67-1 Vs Teams ranked top 100 or worse

Thats good for 99% in his last 4 years.

Do you think after what we just saw in the illinois state game, where Jarron had to save his ass and the Bowling Green game, that Brannen is going to go with a 99% winning percentage against teams in the top 100 and worse?

For example: UCLA last season ranked literally almost identical to bowling green, and we kicked their ass. NKU was ranked 96, which is better than bowling green, and we kicked their ass. We beat UCONN 2x and they ranked identical to BGU.

just last season alone Mick had 14 top 100 wins. Brannen has 2 in his 4 year career.

Yes, the 99% winning percentage says Mick wins this game if he is coaching.

I mean seriously though.. Did UC really just hire a coach with 2 top 100 wins in his career? And we wonder why we look like we have no idea what were doing.. Its because we don't..

His 2 top 100 wins are against Oakland and ETSU.
I still think Brannen was the best hire, but I have to agree he's not looking good at this point. Even in our wins we haven't played well. And the coaching debacle at the end of the game last night did not win him any fans.

I do wonder how long Brannen will get if we don't make the NCAA tournament this year. I think he should get 3 years, but with a miss of the NCAA tournament this year and next, that might be enough to get him fired in two.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #410
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Our offense is better than 4 teams in the league.

Ecu, Tulsa, temple & south Florida

Our defense is also 8th in the league.
Better than I thought to be honest
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote