Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 11-28-2015, 10:13 PM   #11
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Tubs will be saved by how many schools have openings. P5s like Minnesota and Illinois have already elected to hire from within before even testing the market. Next year is Belk Bowl or bust!!!
Belk Bowl is not part of our bowl rotation. Basically we either get the Access Bowl or with a 6-6 P5 school best case scenario.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Belk Bowl is not part of our bowl rotation. Basically we either get the Access Bowl or with a 6-6 P5 school best case scenario.
Haha damn! The Belk Bowl was such a safe bet when we'd go 9-3.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 AM   #13
jimbearcat

jimbearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Many have argued with me that we're now a "Football" program. No other evidence is needed than Bearcattalk to disprove this theory that we have been transformed into a football program. As long as we're going to BCS bowl games, we're a football program. We spent $100 Million on our stadium and nothing has changed. We have fans who don't even know a game was played today.

I watched the whole game and enjoyed every second of it. It was a win on the road against a team trying to become bowl eligible. 7-5 looks so much better than 6-6. Mick Cronin can do just enough year after year to get us to the NCAA, just to get bounced in the first or second game and he is one the the great coaches in the country. TT can do the same exact thing in Football and he's a bum and should be fired. This fan base is classic!
Best supporting post I've seen in a while. I too watched the whole game & enjoyed it very much. The team could have slept walked thru the game.
However, they responded & won a tough game on the road. I thought it
was on of CTT's best coached games. We kept them off the field in the
second half by running the ball so much. Let's support the team & go
to whatever bowl game they are chosen for.
Going forward, CTT needs to recruit more on the defensive side of the ball.
jimbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:34 AM   #14
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Would advise that one be careful if we happen to get the old Papa John's Bowl in Birmingham ( I think it's now the B B & T bowl. ) At the PJB we beat Southern Miss (Kelly's first full bowl season bowl bid). Legion field is a rusty old stadium, concessions are a disaster (saw concession staff eating and picking nose behind counter), no tables or chairs (families sitting on the ground with young children eating pizza) beer (Miller Lite and Bud Light only in 16oz cans) was brought in on pallets warm. Ordering a beer was walking up to the guy at the pallet and asking for a beer. He would rip the beer out of the case from the pallet (WARM I TELL YOU). I witnessed this and did not make a purchase. I'm too particular about my beer. Also, if you think the weather is good there in Birmingham, think again. It was late December, raining and sleeting the entire time, strong winds and blowing everything everywhere. It was nothing short of disaster bowl. Oh, I forgot to mention the Papa John's bowl ran out of pizza before the end of the first quarter. The only thing decent to eat was gone. I would NEVER go near the place again. Hopefully,we get a better bowl bid this year. What was even more funny was Pitt got the bowl two years in a row. It may have even been three years in a row.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
(Miller Lite and Bud Light only in 16oz cans) ...
I'm too particular about my beer.
I notice a contradiction.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #16
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
I notice a contradiction.
Haha I was thinking the same thing
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #17
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbearcat View Post
Best supporting post I've seen in a while. I too watched the whole game & enjoyed it very much. The team could have slept walked thru the game.
However, they responded & won a tough game on the road. I thought it
was on of CTT's best coached games. We kept them off the field in the
second half by running the ball so much. Let's support the team & go
to whatever bowl game they are chosen for.
Going forward, CTT needs to recruit more on the defensive side of the ball.
Thanks JB! I won't say I'm 100% onboard with TT, but I definitely am good for one more season. I agree, that team could have quit after South Florida. Instead they came out and battled to a victory against a team with the whole season on the line, and on senior day. The coach has to get some credit for that. I really am on the fence with TT, but I still believe he should get another year. I'm a basketball guy though, so I probably wouldn't be as patient with the same performance in basketball. I certainly became very impatient with Mick Cronin and we let him go on until he started turning the corner. I think TT should get the same opportunity.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote