Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #711
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
WH, below is what you just posted in a comment to me.

"I just wish people would back up claims that people are "regressing" or "not improving" etc with at least some sort of empirical evidence other than "it just seems like it"

Then you post this. Isn't this an example of the "pot calling the kettle black" If you're going to make a statement that Shaq's shot is regressing, at least use some empirical evidence to support it. For the record, he shot 46% for the game, pretty close to the 50% he averages for the season....and.....he had one of the very best shooting percentages on our team for the game. The "eye test", just like stats, can be used by people with agendas also, if you know what I mean.
I didn't comment on his % being bad or anything...just that I noticed his shot looked flatter in the X game than previous games. Just an observation. I also said I thought his shot before that game looked much improved. I wasn't trying to prove anything I just asked if anyone else had noticed. Not sure what you are looking for here??
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #712
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I didn't comment on his % being bad or anything...just that I noticed his shot looked flatter in the X game than previous games. Just an observation. I also said I thought his shot before that game looked much improved. I wasn't trying to prove anything I just asked if anyone else had noticed. Not sure what you are looking for here??
I'm not looking for anything. I'm not the person who chose to post a personal attack against posters who you think are irrational, waiting to complain after games like these, post eye test BS, and other completely useless information, and who don't use stats or emperical data to support their useless information. And then you follow it up with your personal "eye test" obsevations about Shaq. If nobody can post on what they see and/or feel without getting attacked for it, then practice what you preach. Feeling that you believe that Shaq's shot regressed in the X game to last year's flat shot is really completely useless info by your definition, and it wasn't supported by empirical data. It was just your own personal eye test and an attempt to get people to believe your own professional eyes over stats.....your words, not mine.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #713
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
I'm not looking for anything. I'm not the person who chose to post a personal attack against posters who you think are irrational, waiting to complain after games like these, post eye test BS, and other completely useless information, and who don't use stats or emperical data to support their useless information. And then you follow it up with your personal "eye test" obsevations about Shaq. If nobody can post on what they see and/or feel without getting attacked for it, then practice what you preach. Feeling that you believe that Shaq's shot regressed in the X game to last year's flat shot is really completely useless info by your definition, and it wasn't supported by empirical data. It was just your own personal eye test and an attempt to get people to believe your own professional eyes over stats.....your words, not mine.
Ok gotcha L-T but I'm not interested in doing this with you. I'm gonna step out
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #714
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Ok gotcha L-T but I'm not interested in doing this with you. I'm gonna step out
Good decision. That's what I would do too if I had went down that road.

I assume we can resume posting about what we see and how we feel about what we see.

For the record, I happen to agree with your eye test completely. I saw the flat shots just like you did, but I was paranoid about commenting to the affirmative without the stats to back it up.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote