Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Conference Play

I think we're all extremely disappointed to be 10-3 at this point in the season. We still have opportunities for good wins, but the 3 best chances (with 2 at home) may have passed us by.

Anyone have a prediction for conference record? Things you're looking for specifically?

I think we can go 15-3. Maybe I'm being blinded by being a fan, but I'm still waiting for us to get pissed and rip off a nice sized winning streak. The game coming up @SMU is easily the hardest game until the end of January.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
15-3. 16-2 is a possibility because UConn will be without Brimah most likely when we go to Storrs. I think we split with SMU and UConn and lose one more road game along the way. I think we match up with UConn for a third time in Orlando for the league title.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think we're all extremely disappointed to be 10-3 at this point in the season. We still have opportunities for good wins, but the 3 best chances (with 2 at home) may have passed us by.

Anyone have a prediction for conference record? Things you're looking for specifically?

I think we can go 15-3. Maybe I'm being blinded by being a fan, but I'm still waiting for us to get pissed and rip off a nice sized winning streak. The game coming up @SMU is easily the hardest game until the end of January.
I'm not extremely disappointed with losing by 2 to ISU and butler or losing at Xavier. We were never really in the x game in my mind but the other two games could have easily been a win for us. The AAC has plenty of good teams in it if we can get through our conference play with 3 loses we will be around a 5/6 seed wich I thought we would be coming into the year.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Why is the Temple game next week at 3pm on a weekday? Just terrible time for people who have to work for a living.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Like I said all along we will Finnish with 7 regular season losses and 9 total all yeah after tournaments...
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Just for fun...if all the AAC coaches re-drafted all the players in our conference for conference play just this year...where would our players go?
Old 12-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Why is the Temple game next week at 3pm on a weekday? Just terrible time for people who have to work for a living.
Yeah when buying tickets for this game this was something that wasn't noticed. Didn't even think to look at the time for a Tuesday game.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I just thought about this recently. Has Ellis taken any mid-range jumpers this season? I feel like he knocked down a fair amount last year. I can't picture him making any, or even taking them, this season. When we face zone, sticking Ellis at the foul line and Clark down low could be killer. Ellis can make that shot, or try to set up Clark in the post when he draws the bigs away from the hoop.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I just thought about this recently. Has Ellis taken any mid-range jumpers this season? I feel like he knocked down a fair amount last year. I can't picture him making any, or even taking them, this season. When we face zone, sticking Ellis at the foul line and Clark down low could be killer. Ellis can make that shot, or try to set up Clark in the post when he draws the bigs away from the hoop.
He passes up 3 open shots from the FT line every game. I have no f-clue as to why...he doesn't even look at the basket. He picked up a travel because he passed up a wide open 8 f-ing footer.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I remember Ellis definitely shooting a fair amount of 10-12 foot and baseline jumpers. I didn't mind that at all. But this year I'd personally prefer to continue to use Clark more as the stretch 4 and have Ellis be a true 5 who just cleans everything up. I feel like Ellis expects to finish everything right at the hoop this year. But it just leads to him turning it over on his way there. I'd run less and less with Ellis until he can prove to be able to make the simple plays. Scary thing is, he could still be one of the top big guys in the conference without ever having touches drawn up for him.