Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #101
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Guys if TC was the player we all want him to be right now he would probably be playing in the league right now. I'm not into next year mode yet. We are trending up right now. The NCAA is wide open. TC needs to focus on his strengths and involve everyone around him. We all know and have commented that this team can be led by a different guy every night. TC is one of 5 guys. If we ain't hitting on all cylinders we will not be advancing in either tournament.
Definitely agree.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #102
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Lol! What was I wrong about? I asked you the question. You were the one critiquing his form and saying he would figure it out. All I did was ask you when he was going to figure it out because he's almost to his senior year.. I didn't say anything to be wrong about.
Holy ego dude, your wrong just deal with it, it happens to even the best of us
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #103
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Holy ego dude, your wrong just deal with it, it happens to even the best of us
Listen. If the question was too difficult for you to understand, all you had to do is say that and I would have asked it in a different way. No need to go off on the "You're wrong" tangent. Try to continue with your stance or don't make it in the first place if you can't respond to a question about it.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #104
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
He's almost to his senior season. When will he figure it out? Honestly, I'd like to recruit a few players who actually have it figured out before they get here. Because after they get here, most don't seem to ever figure it out....which is why we continually struggle to get out of the 50s.
This is what you said. Then I said caupain led the conference in 3 point % last year. So your statement is incorrect which means it's wrong.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #105
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
This is what you said. Then I said caupain led the conference in 3 point % last year. So your statement is incorrect which means it's wrong.
Caupain is shooting about 30% this year on 175 2 and 3 PT jumpers. I don't know of any player in the country shooting 37% overall and playing over 30 minutes per game. Or shooting 37% overall and leading a team in FG attempts. Caupain shoots 37% and the rest of the team combines for 46%. Yes he did lead the AAC in 3PT% last year. But not only is this year's number more recent, but it offers a bigger sample size. He didn't even average to make 1 3 per game last year. Hardly unreasonable imo to ask some questions about his shooting at this point.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #106
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Caupain is shooting about 30% this year on 175 2 and 3 PT jumpers. I don't know of any player in the country shooting 37% overall and playing over 30 minutes per game. Or shooting 37% overall and leading a team in FG attempts. Caupain shoots 37% and the rest of the team combines for 46%. Yes he did lead the AAC in 3PT% last year. But not only is this year's number more recent, but it offers a bigger sample size. He didn't even average to make 1 3 per game last year. Hardly unreasonable imo to ask some questions about his shooting at this point.
Close to SKs numbers as a junior...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #107
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
hopefully the difference is TC will have a much better supporting cast. He will not need to carry the team
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #108
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
What's your point? This season proves he's on track to becoming an All-American?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #109
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
His FG is 6% lower finishing at the rim, 7% lower on two point jumpers and his eFG% is nearly 4% lower total. Also Kilpatrick played with ZERO inside scoring presence that season, whereas Caupain plays with Gary Clark and Octavius Ellis. Caupain is a nice college point guard, but hasn't shown to be anything better than an honorable mention all-conference player. It really isn't comparable...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #110
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Didn't say they were the same. Said they were close. Thanks for proving my point...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote