Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #521
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Would like to thank everyone for a very civil exchange of thoughts and opinions. Enjoyed the conversation.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #522
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Updated stone cold lock odds:

No expansion- 40%
Expand w/ 2 (UH+BYU)- 25%
Expand w/ 2 (UC+BYU)- 15%
Expand w/ 2 (UC+UH)- 10%
Expand w/ 2 (any other combination)- 5%
Expand w/ 4- 5%
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #523
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I don't disagree with your premise. What I'm saying is isn't it a bit sad that a hiring edge is given based on how a applicants alma mater did on the grid iron versus his actual qualifications. As a former manager in industry and a retired military member I can tell you I could careless about an applicant's school's athletics performance.
I completely agree it is messed up. Hopefully society shifts away from it, but I dont see that happening soon. The good news is once people are in interview, I believe people are given a fair chance. You are hiring the person, not their school.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #524
Cartel

Cartel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Updated stone cold lock odds:

No expansion- 40%
Expand w/ 2 (UH+BYU)- 25%
Expand w/ 2 (UC+BYU)- 15%
Expand w/ 2 (UC+UH)- 10%
Expand w/ 2 (any other combination)- 5%
Expand w/ 4- 5%
Bet you could not wait to post these as if they mean anything
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #525
CrakkerBarrellsX
Banned

CrakkerBarrellsX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I don't disagree with your premise. What I'm saying is isn't it a bit sad that a hiring edge is given based on how a applicants alma mater did on the grid iron versus his actual qualifications. As a former manager in industry and a retired military member I can tell you I could careless about an applicant's school's athletics performance.
Come on now old school you know the game is, "it isnt what you know but who you know".
CrakkerBarrellsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:42 AM   #526
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrakkerBarrellsX View Post
Come on now old school you know the game is, "it isnt what you know but who you know".
Lol! Certainly there is some truth to that. I always found those that operated that way eventually regretted it. Especially if their organization was big on accountability. I always found the less I saw of safety,auditors,IR,HR environmental and quality the more effective I was at my position. When you have good people working for you can minimize the amount of time required to visit with those folks and focus on the task at hand.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:08 AM   #527
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrakkerBarrellsX View Post
Who you know may get you in the door, and that's all we are asking for our UC grads. Once in the interview list, our students stack up well against any other school, more often than not.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #528
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...at-youd-expect

I remembered this article today, and it is a great example of brand recognition's impact on applications to universities.

Another thought to add to this, is if you are sorting through applications at a small to medium size company in California, are you more likely to select a FGCU or NKU application if everything else is relatively equal? They are both in the same conference, but the brand recognition is a huge help on getting that first interview.

Last edited by NKY Bearcat; 08-26-2016 at 07:12 AM.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #529
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...ting-attention

Looks like the first round of interviews for perspective schools is complete. This article speculates UC being one of the top 3 candidates.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #530
BIGXIICoug

BIGXIICoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
There's a better chance than not that your solid university will be invited to join the Big 12 late this Summer. Number 2 is up in the air between UConn (espn), UCF (Florida recruiting), BYU (great but will not play on Sunday), Memphis (good geographical fit), Houston (no chance- everyone hates). Who would you guys want as number 2?
I believe that Cincinnati and BYU would be the most logical teams to add to the BIG12. BYU is rough because they absolutely do not play on Sunday, but they would bring in the most revenue to the BIG 12. More money in Cincinnati's Pockets as well. Its a no-brainer even though they are far away, our fans are everywhere. In the end, i believe it is all about money. BEARCATS & COUGARS TO BIG12!!!
BIGXIICoug is offline   Reply With Quote