Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #171
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I watched Xavier get a new coach and then proceed to get Jonas Hayes and Ben Johnson and now have one of the recruiting classes in the country. He stole dudes away from the P5. Meanwhile we’re just giving guys life changing raises and just hoping they can recruit but have never ever proved it.

Don’t act like things are going to plan.
Xavier hired their assistant who was already recruiting high major guys to their school. You could have possibly made the argument that if UC hired Savino that they would have gotten some high major immediate recruits but the problem is they were never recruiting them to begin with. Also, if Xavier can pull in these top recruiting classes, why weren't you more upset that Mick couldn't?

I didn't expect Brannen to immediately bring in 5* recruits. Maybe if UC would have went with an assistant at a elite school, but I preferred someone like Brannen who has proven he can coach.

This is pretty much the plan that I envisioned. They are already recruiting more fundamentally sounds ball players.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #172
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
None of this is true. No one expects 5 stars and national championships and elite 8s. Not one person expects this. You are making things up and making yourself sound dumb. I have heard people say they expect more. Maybe 2 4 stars sometimes. Top 150 guys. More than 1 sweet 16 in 15 years. These are the things I have read on this board. Nowhere have I read becoming “duke” or “uk”. But whatever helps your argument
Dude. When you bash Mick's recruiting and Bash Mick's tourney performance and say we can do better on all fronts, then it means were gonna kick some serious ass.

To me.. I need see Brannen get 90 wins in 3 years and instead of 2 tourny wins in 3 years, then I'd like to see 4 or 5. And if Mick's recruiting is bad, where we've not only landed top 100 guys, but they happened to also be huge staples in our program.

Like I'll give him a pass on 2019 (though Im still going to be mad we went from Competing to absolute trash) but his 2020 class is the future for which is legacy will be built.

He told us on the day he was announced that was going to to build the best Staff in the AAC?

Tell me truthfully do you really think he built the best staff in the league and even had a bigger budget than mick had?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #173
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Xavier hired their assistant who was already recruiting high major guys to their school. You could have possibly made the argument that if UC hired Savino that they would have gotten some high major immediate recruits but the problem is they were never recruiting them to begin with. Also, if Xavier can pull in these top recruiting classes, why weren't you more upset that Mick couldn't?

I didn't expect Brannen to immediately bring in 5* recruits. Maybe if UC would have went with an assistant at a elite school, but I preferred someone like Brannen who has proven he can coach.

This is pretty much the plan that I envisioned. They are already recruiting more fundamentally sounds ball players.
My guy Jarron Cumberland has more basketball IQ in his Pinky that any dude John Brannen has ever recruited in his life. Stop acting our current and former players are retards or something.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #174
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

What top 100 guys did Mick recruit that were staples of our program? I can think of 3 guys in 13 years: Cumberland, Clark, and Gates.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #175
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
My guy Jarron Cumberland has more basketball IQ in his Pinky that any dude John Brannen has ever recruited in his life. Stop acting our current and former players are retards or something.
you know what, I'm done arguing with you. Feel free to head over to the UCLA boards and come back in a few years and you can tell us whether we were right or wrong. Because it's more reasonable then, not after one month.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #176
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dude. When you bash Mick's recruiting and Bash Mick's tourney performance and say we can do better on all fronts, then it means were gonna kick some serious ass.

To me.. I need see Brannen get 90 wins in 3 years and instead of 2 tourny wins in 3 years, then I'd like to see 4 or 5. And if Mick's recruiting is bad, where we've not only landed top 100 guys, but they happened to also be huge staples in our program.

Like I'll give him a pass on 2019 (though Im still going to be mad we went from Competing to absolute trash) but his 2020 class is the future for which is legacy will be built.

He told us on the day he was announced that was going to to build the best Staff in the AAC?

Tell me truthfully do you really think he built the best staff in the league and even had a bigger budget than mick had?
Your argument was that people said 5 stars and national championships. That isn’t true. Admit you made that up and we can move on.
Until then, I can’t trust anything you say.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #177
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

There is also a large gap between bashing someone and saying they should do better. Saying you want more than one sweet 16 in 15 years isn’t bashing. Saying you want a little better recruits isn’t bashing. But whatever helps your argument. We have seen you simply make things up to support your argument.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #178
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:

“Kicking serious ass” = >1 sweet 16 in 15 years? You are a joke and I get dumber every time I read your nonsense. Does this board have an ignore feature or do I have to rely on my self-control?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #179
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He ain’t your guy. He’s a Bearcats. You are a Bruin. Beat it.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #180
bearcat1518

bearcat1518 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
“Kicking serious ass” = >1 sweet 16 in 15 years? You are a joke and I get dumber every time I read your nonsense. Does this board have an ignore feature or do I have to rely on my self-control?
Agree 100%. Where is that ignore button for this dude??
bearcat1518 is offline   Reply With Quote