Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins 20 60.61%
UCLA wins 13 39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #351
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm proud of our team. This season was a lot of fun.
Sure it was fun, it always is, but was still a disappointment. Played in a crapy conference and didn't win it, didn't win the conference tourny and once again didn't make it out of the first weekend. I thought this team had the makeup to be very good and yet again they never put it together. Crappy that they had to play UCLA but if they play to their potential they don't get a 6 seed.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #352
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinGuy View Post
UCLA came out hot in the beginning of the 2nd half. If just 1 or 2 of those shots don't fall, it's a different final 10 minutes. You have to play a 4 or 5 possession game different than a 2 of 3 possession game.

The difference in the game though was your guys' uncharacteristic turnovers in the first half. Without those, you'd have had a double-digit lead on us at the half. Instead, you held us to our lowest half point total of the season and only had a 3 point lead.
Yea in ucla came out in the 2nd half and was gonna live or die by the three no matter what.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #353
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I know, so why not play the five best and see what you can do?
Who?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #354
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder13x View Post
Amen to that. Troy has been an outstanding leader, and has all of my respect
I'll never forget Troy Caupain. Dude is tough as nails. He went through a lot to build this program back from where it was with SK in his FR year. And he is still really young. Impressive young man. Nothing but class. I'd take guys like him all day everyday. He had A LOT on his plate. People always has high expectations bc you could see it in him. Sometimes that wasn't fair to him bc that's a lot to ask of a young man. But he came out as an all-time Bearcat great.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-19-2017 at 11:19 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #355
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
At least we can actually look forward to football season with optimism this year😂😂 So depressing under Tubby the past few years after basketball season was over
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #356
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Ucla has better players. Mick couldn't have played anyone that was going to help that
Yeah pretty much. Excited that guys like Brooks and Cumberland are not scared of big games.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #357
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Who?
I think the lineup of tc, evans, cumberland, clark, and brooks should get the majority of the time together. Washington is a liability on d and can't play o against good teams.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #358
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Sure it was fun, it always is, but was still a disappointment. Played in a crapy conference and didn't win it, didn't win the conference tourny and once again didn't make it out of the first weekend. I thought this team had the makeup to be very good and yet again they never put it together. Crappy that they had to play UCLA but if they play to their potential they don't get a 6 seed.
Play to their potential? We could have lost only 3 games and still got a 6 seed. 1 semi-bad loss. 1 loss to a sweet 16 team, and two to a very talented smu team. The glass is perpetually half empty.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #359
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinGuy View Post
UCLA came out hot in the beginning of the 2nd half. If just 1 or 2 of those shots don't fall, it's a different final 10 minutes. You have to play a 4 or 5 possession game different than a 2 of 3 possession game.

The difference in the game though was your guys' uncharacteristic turnovers in the first half. Without those, you'd have had a double-digit lead on us at the half. Instead, you held us to our lowest half point total of the season and only had a 3 point lead.
That last part was the key. Definitely could've had a bigger lead at the half.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #360
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I think the lineup of tc, evans, cumberland, clark, and brooks should get the majority of the time together. Washington is a liability on d and can't play o against good teams.
Maybe Washington will have the senior year leap like K-Mart had? He has the skill set to be good if he would be more selective and play better defense.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote