Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 01:22 AM   #361
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I think John just doesn’t know how handle/coach black players yet! He’s anti mick and couldn’t wait to get couple white players on scholarship. He ALWAYS throws players under bus basically calling them stupid. Growing up he hated UC and X was his dream job!
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:00 AM   #362
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Ready for another entertaining day. You’d think someone would make a statement at some point but who knows.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:50 AM   #363
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
What happens first:

Another player announces a transfer.

Brannen announces a scholarship being used (either given to Banks or Vogt coming back).

Or the AD makes a statement.

I feel like the longer we go without hearing anything from higher ups, the more likely it becomes that Brannen will be fired. It's easy to make a statement of support for the HC. It takes a lot more time to put all the pieces together for firing Brannen.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:35 AM   #364
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
What happens first:

Brannen announces a scholarship being used (either given to Banks or Vogt coming back).

I feel like the longer we go without hearing anything from higher ups, the more likely it becomes that Brannen will be fired. It's easy to make a statement of support for the HC. It takes a lot more time to put all the pieces together for firing Brannen.
Playing transferring. I’d be shocked if the transfers are done. I wouldn’t be surprised if they all left at this point. Why stay
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:38 AM   #365
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
What happens first:

I don't think any player is a sure thing to stay at this point. I think Mason leaves, Maybe JD but that will the horrible with JD being a Cincy kid and loved playing for this school, MAW and Lahkin will go to a lower program if they leave so I don't see them leaving. I don't think DDJ will transfer again, not to mention he speaks very highly of JB.

I think Banks will get a scholarship, I do not think Vogt will be back, (god I hope I am right on that)

As for the AD making a statement, it takes time to get all the facts, He has to talk to John and the players to get all the info he can before coming out with a statement to save face. If he comes out and supports John and there were things going on behind the scenes he didn't know about then his job would then be up in the air to. I agree something needs to be said but I also agree you only get one shot at making this statement so I am sure he is working to get all the facts from both sides
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #366
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
So the rob banks getting scholarship wasn’t early April fools joke?
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:05 AM   #367
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I don't think any player is a sure thing to stay at this point. I think Mason leaves, Maybe JD but that will the horrible with JD being a Cincy kid and loved playing for this school, MAW and Lahkin will go to a lower program if they leave so I don't see them leaving. I don't think DDJ will transfer again, not to mention he speaks very highly of JB.

I think Banks will get a scholarship, I do not think Vogt will be back, (god I hope I am right on that)

As for the AD making a statement, it takes time to get all the facts, He has to talk to John and the players to get all the info he can before coming out with a statement to save face. If he comes out and supports John and there were things going on behind the scenes he didn't know about then his job would then be up in the air to. I agree something needs to be said but I also agree you only get one shot at making this statement so I am sure he is working to get all the facts from both sides
This can't be that hard... You have a meeting with John. You have a meeting with his staff.. you have a meeting with each player.

Every player in the portal should have already sat down with cunningham. John should have already sat down with cunningham.

It's time to make an announcement. It's time.

Day two. Here. We. Go.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #368
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This can't be that hard... You have a meeting with John. You have a meeting with his staff.. you have a meeting with each player.

Every player in the portal should have already sat down with cunningham. John should have already sat down with cunningham.

It's time to make an announcement. It's time.

Day two. Here. We. Go.
We all know how this will go down, we wont ever get an answer, spring football will start and John will start signing some mid major transfers and international guys and we will get the same BS he always says in his interviews, "we are gonna be young, this takes time, awkward covid year, we have to find guys who want to win, I want to play fast, blah blah blah" I think we get one or two more transfers today to.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:45 AM   #369
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
John teased it in his final radio show.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:20 AM   #370
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I guess Brannen thinks UC's future is in the Horizon League.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote