Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Cats and Dogs Don't Play Nice - Who Wins?
Cincinnati 13 100.00%
Connecticut 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
#6 Cincinnati Bearcats Vs. #3 Connecticut Huskies

Vs.

Saturday

March 19, 2011

9:40 P.M. EST

Last edited by psax889906; 03-18-2011 at 01:54 AM.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
The best part about this game for UC is that they can continue to play the no respect card. This team plays good ball when they have a chip on their shoulder. Every ESPN analyst I have heard this morning who picked against UC has conveniently forgot to mention UC when asked about the most impressive teams from yesterday. More motivation for this team. Still no respect!
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
babcat

babcat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to babcat
Last time UC and CONN played, it was an 8 point loss for the Cats. I think both teams will be amped up tomorrow night. Should be a helluva game. Hard to say who comes out on top. If we can contain Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb effectively, I think we win this one.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
No question in my mind we can win this one. It's just which team shows up, the hungry, aggressive, take no prisoners group or the I'm tired, don't care, lazy group.

At some point UConn is going to miss some shots, their legs have to be trashed after all these games in just over a week. I say we press the entire game, run them to death and wear them down even further. It will pay off in the 2nd half, when they have to crawl up the court! GO CATS!
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UConn is playing phenomenal basketball right now and Jim Calhoun knows what it takes to win in the NCAA Tournament. I think this game is going to be a war and I believe it's going to be one of those games it's going to take a bounce or two going your way to win.

UConn will be playing their 7th game in 12 days. That may not show up when you're playing a first round game against an inferior opponent but it could show up in a game against a team that's familiar with you who plays a very physical style of basketball.

I look for UC to really pressure UConn on defense no matter what set they're in. As we've seen all year Gates and Wright are the keys to this team and it's success offensively. Cashmere has to come ready to play. My hope is the perimeter players come out feeling a little extra incentive to play hard and compete. They were dominated by UConn's perimeter in the first meeting.

My opinion is that Cincinnati has a very good shot at winning this game. In addition to the number of games UConn has played in a short period of time, they've won 6 games in a row, five of which has been against pretty good competition. It's very difficult to continue to do that when so much of your teams success relies on young players. That said, they have Kemba Walker and he can take over a game and carry a team. As long as he is on the floor you can't count the Huskies out.

I can see this game going either way. Both teams are playing their best basketball of the season. I'm picking UC to beat UConn, not because of my heart or loyalty. I'm picking them because I think there are some intangibles that are going to tip a hard fought game in their favor. If the Bearcats play with patience on offense as they did against Missouri, and apply pressure to wear on the Huskies on defense, Cincinnati will walk out of this game a winner and march on to the Sweet 16.

But did I mention Kemba Walker plays for the UConn Huskies? Get ready for a war!!

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 03-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
I am extremely optimistic that we can win this game. We kept the game semi-close when they came to the shoe, but at the same time played extremely poor. This was when Mick called out Cash and Dixon during the postgame. They have both played extremely well since.

Another reason for optimism is the fact that UCONN made a lot of shots against us. I don't expect them to be that hot from behind the arc on saturday. Those legs have to be getting a little tired!

My only true concern with our team is how we bounce back. Bishop's toe and Cash's knee are probably going to be very sore. This concerns me on the defensive end....esp with Cash being matched up with Kemba a lot. If we can stop UCONNs guards from penetrating at will.....we will have a GREAT shot at winning this game!

SO pumped to be a bearcat fan....we've waited a long time for an opportunity at the sweet 16!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioubearcat View Post
I am extremely optimistic that we can win this game. We kept the game semi-close when they came to the shoe, but at the same time played extremely poor. This was when Mick called out Cash and Dixon during the postgame. They have both played extremely well since.

Another reason for optimism is the fact that UCONN made a lot of shots against us. I don't expect them to be that hot from behind the arc on saturday. Those legs have to be getting a little tired!

My only true concern with our team is how we bounce back. Bishop's toe and Cash's knee are probably going to be very sore. This concerns me on the defensive end....esp with Cash being matched up with Kemba a lot. If we can stop UCONNs guards from penetrating at will.....we will have a GREAT shot at winning this game!

SO pumped to be a bearcat fan....we've waited a long time for an opportunity at the sweet 16!
I think I would have Dixon and Davis guard Kemba to make him play against some size and strength. It would also help keep Cash out of potential foul trouble. No matter who is on him you have to have a second layer of defense. Don't be surprised to see some match up zone to help Cash and Bishop.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I think I would have Dixon and Davis guard Kemba to make him play against some size and strength. It would also help keep Cash out of potential foul trouble. No matter who is on him you have to have a second layer of defense. Don't be surprised to see some match up zone to help Cash and Bishop.
I agree....I hope to see a lot of zone. I think it will help take the ball out of Kemba's hands and force them to make shots. I could live with a loss if UCONN goes crazy from behind the arc...having Kemba Walker dice our defense on a regular basis is a different story.

UCONN's back court has some pretty good size....unfortuantely if we are in man I think Cash will have to guard him a lot of the time.

Patient offense and good shot selection is key to getting our offense going! Keep it close early and I like our chances.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
The game is not being played at noon which is a big plus for the Bearcats.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=237648

Mick Cronin Press conference

*Scroll down to the "Most Recent" section for the Player's Press Conference*

http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=237603

Cashmere Wright Interview

http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=237604

Friday Update with Tommy G. and Dan Hoard

Last edited by psax889906; 03-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote