Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Question #1 Question Entering Training Camp at Higher Ground

We all know there are a lot of questions to be answered for this team to win another Big East Title. What is your NUMBER ONE question entering camp?

I'll start with an easy one that has to be near the top of all of our lists: Will Munchie LeGaux develop in the manner we are all hoping he will? There is no doubt Munchie has the physical tools to be a very good QB. Can he sure up his mechanics and become a consistent passer? Can he make the correct reads during the zone read-option plays this offense executed so well last year? I'm ready to find out.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Can Soloman Tentman be a productive middle linebacker?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Bearcat91

Bearcat91 is on a distinguished road
Does one of the running backs jump ahead of the others? I know George Winn is the #1 back right now but since we are having a running back by committee year with 3 or 4 backs(5 if Aaron Harris ever shows up) but it will be interesting to see if any of the backs have made great strides to become the true #1.
Bearcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I think the #1 question is who replaces Wolfe and Hughes at DT. The reason those guys were so effective in the fourth quarters was the great depth and rotation at that position. Will there be a couple guys to step up and will the graduate transfer help? The defense could be very good this year if the interior D-line can hold up and not get worn down.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Down the Drive's take on what the offense could look like with Munchie Legaux at the helm:

http://www.downthedrive.com/2012/8/8...like#storyjump
Old 08-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Can Soloman Tentman be a productive middle linebacker?
Interview with John Jancek today and when asked about replacing J.K. it wasn't Tentman's name that came up... it was Greg Blair. Maybe Blair will end up being your starting MLB?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I think the #1 question is who replaces Wolfe and Hughes at DT. The reason those guys were so effective in the fourth quarters was the great depth and rotation at that position. Will there be a couple guys to step up and will the graduate transfer help? The defense could be very good this year if the interior D-line can hold up and not get worn down.
Yep, this was the best part of our team last year IMO. The good news is, developing average recruits into really good defensive lineman has become a way of life recently for UC. I don't care who it is, but someone needs to step up in the interior.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Interview with John Jancek today and when asked about replacing J.K. it wasn't Tentman's name that came up... it was Greg Blair. Maybe Blair will end up being your starting MLB?
Per Bill Koch, Greg Blair is the starting MLB as of right now...
Old 08-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
We all know there are a lot of questions to be answered for this team to win another Big East Title. What is your NUMBER ONE question entering camp?

I'll start with an easy one that has to be near the top of all of our lists: Will Munchie LeGaux develop in the manner we are all hoping he will? There is no doubt Munchie has the physical tools to be a very good QB. Can he sure up his mechanics and become a consistent passer? Can he make the correct reads during the zone read-option plays this offense executed so well last year? I'm ready to find out.
i believe i may have been in the minority last season, but i was more comfortable and confident in Munchie then Collaros...his throwing motion seemed to be that of a typical QB (i am no QB coach...), his passes were crisper and his arm strength seemed stronger than Collaros...that was as a sophmore...i am really excited to see his progression and hoping to see some maturation...i think he can be a special QB...hoping he can develop into a QB similar to Geno Smith (WVU)...definitely excited for season to start
Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
i believe i may have been in the minority last season, but i was more comfortable and confident in Munchie then Collaros...his throwing motion seemed to be that of a typical QB (i am no QB coach...), his passes were crisper and his arm strength seemed stronger than Collaros...that was as a sophmore...i am really excited to see his progression and hoping to see some maturation...i think he can be a special QB...hoping he can develop into a QB similar to Geno Smith (WVU)...definitely excited for season to start
Go Bearcats!
I see what you are saying and you make some good points. The biggest question mark with Munchie (last year and this year) is how will he deliver in a big game? Last year, when Munchie came in, the offense became even more of the Isaiah Pead show, which was the logical move. Munchie made some good throws and definitely shows the arm strength that we haven't seen with Collaros. He also made some head scratching throws and decisions (Collaros' decision making wasn't great either).

I think the starts last year will help Munchie immensely and I look forward to seeing what he can do. We have some good, but relatively unproven, running backs this year and the strength of our offense is our receivers. We'll know early on if Munchie has what it takes to get the job done. Success of this season will be determined by how well Munchie can get the ball to the guys on the outside.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote