Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Illinois at Cincinnati game preview

They'll be heavy favorites against an Illinois team bound for its second straight losing season. The Illini (3-7) had improved on a woeful start with back-to-back victories over Michigan and Minnesota, but they went into their bye week after a 21-16 home loss to Northwestern on Nov. 14.

Senior quarterback Juice Williams is expected to start for Illinois after sitting out the Northwestern game with an ankle injury.

Williams, who threw for 3,173 yards and 22 touchdowns in 2008, has struggled this season, totaling just 1,139 passing yards and six scores, but Illini coach Ron Zook said he'll be under center to finish his college career against Cincinnati and in the team's season finale Dec. 5 against Fresno State.

http://scoreboard.rr.com/cfb/preview...ec&tm=&src=CFB
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Stay focused, execute...and this should be win for UC. Do not look past the Illini!

It will be interesting to see if Juice (if he does indeed start) can do well against a UC defense that is known for swarming to the ball carrier. My money is on us.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
daytonfan

daytonfan will become famous soon enough
Cincy will not be looking past this game. This team wants to play in the NCG or a BCS game at the least.
daytonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
NCBearcat

NCBearcat is on a distinguished road
I agree with Dayton on this. Cincy will win by at least 2 TDs.
NCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

I would think so as well. I do think Kelly will have the players' minds focused.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
Dakotacat

Dakotacat is on a distinguished road
I can not stand the Illini... I hope Kelly has the cats marching all over on them....

I want the Illini fans sitting at home crying wishing they could afford to get rid of Zooker....
Dakotacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

I don't honestly think it's going to be close.