Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Chaminade

Monday, November 7th, 2022
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN+

The Bearcats open their 22/23 campaign against D2 Chaminade University of Honolulu who are coming off a 9-18 21/22 season. The Silverswords are wrapping up a 3-game Midwest exhibition tour against several 2022 Maui Invitational participants as a consolation for not being selected to this year's 8-team field.

Last week, Chaminade lost 101-57 against Ohio State before putting up a much stronger performance two days later against Louisville in an 80-73 loss (where Chaminade led for a good portion of the 2nd half).

The Silverswords have shot a combined 11-60 (18.3%) from 3 over their first two games and have been out-rebounded 73-48.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:15 AM   #2
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Very interested to see the starting five, given how little lineups changed last year. That and getting a first look at the new guys.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Very interested to see the starting five, given how little lineups changed last year. That and getting a first look at the new guys.
Not sure who will start at the 5 (Vik or Kalu). But it does look and sound like Rob will open as the starting PG. The rest I think are probably written in stone.

I am guessing the idea here is that we need Rob on ball D because we lack rim protection. We might see a lot of changes at starting 5 depending on matchups or as a nice motivational tool. Even Ody could see some starts if he can rebound and/or defend better. Maybe Hensley can put his name in the mix. Haven't heard much about Sage so he's likely not playing much this year. I don't mind using a red shirt there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #4
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Not sure who will start at the 5 (Vik or Kalu). But it does look and sound like Rob will open as the starting PG. The rest I think are probably written in stone.

I am guessing the idea here is that we need Rob on ball D because we lack rim protection. We might see a lot of changes at starting 5 depending on matchups or as a nice motivational tool. Even Ody could see some starts if he can rebound and/or defend better. Maybe Hensley can put his name in the mix. Haven't heard much about Sage so he's likely not playing much this year. I don't mind using a red shirt there.
Most media predicts starting 5 of:
phinese
DDJ
Nolley
Davenport
Kalu

Will be interesting if that isn't spot on and why not.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Most media predicts starting 5 of:
phinese
DDJ
Nolley
Davenport
Kalu

Will be interesting if that isn't spot on and why not.
Would be interesting to know who started against Purdue and who played the most minutes at the 5. I know Rob got 27 minutes at PG.

I would think Vik would have had the best chance against Purdue. Maybe Kalu tonight.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 05:50 PM   #6
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Starting line-up:

MAW
DDJ
Nolley
JD
Vik
Old 11-07-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Pretty clear from the jump that we should be physically bullying this team but love to see us hit some early 3s and play with a bit of swagger right away.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:02 PM   #8
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I'm liking that they seem to be willing to move the ball a little more to find a shot instead of waiting till the last seconds and going one on one.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #9
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Hard to take much from this game, but it's good to see everyone healthy, playing hard, and hitting shots.

We should be able to run the break with this team. Lakhin and Ezikpe can both be good outlet passers. I doubt we'll see much of that though. Our system seems to be handing the ball to the PG under the basket.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #10
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

We're pushing the ball a lot in the second half. Nolley is great in transition. Watching this confirms my desire to see a lineup with him as a point forward and only one of DDJ, MAW, Phinisee on the floor.