Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Furman

Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
5:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN+

Furman is coming off a 25-7 season and was picked to win the Southern Conference (along with UNC Greensboro) as they return 4 starters and their 6th man who averaged double-figure scoring last season.

They are off to a hot 4-0 start with an average margin of victory of 31 points. However, 2 of their opponents have been D2 schools, one has been KenPom #294 USC Upstate, and their toughest game so far has been a 24-point road win at KenPom #199 College of Charleston.

They feature 3 players who made the 11-man Preseason All-Southern Conference team: 6'3 JR guard Mike Bothwell, 6'8 JR forward Noah Gurley, and 6'7 SR forward Clay Mounce.

This will not be an easy game by any means.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:40 AM   #2
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
5:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN+

Furman is coming off a 25-7 season and was picked to win the Southern Conference (along with UNC Greensboro) as they return 4 starters and their 6th man who averaged double-figure scoring last season.

They are off to a hot 4-0 start with an average margin of victory of 31 points. However, 2 of their opponents have been D2 schools, one has been KenPom #294 USC Upstate, and their toughest game so far has been a 24-point road win at KenPom #199 College of Charleston.

They feature 3 players who made the 11-man Preseason All-Southern Conference team: 6'3 JR guard Mike Bothwell, 6'8 JR forward Noah Gurley, and 6'7 SR forward Clay Mounce.

This will not be an easy game by any means.
I think this is the exact game we need right now after the X loss. It will show the character and fight in this team. Do they come out deflated, start slow, play terrible defense, start jacking up 3's or do they come out pissed about the X loss and punch Furman in the mouth and say hey we aren't losing this game. I for one don't know, myself like the rest of you are still trying to figure this team out. I hope to see JB work on rotations that work and hopefully we see a nice game from Zach Harvey.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #3
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
This is going to be an absolute battle.

63 vs 64 in kenpom

They are shooting 43% from 3 on the year.

You better defend or we will lose. Because offensively we ain’t that good.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Team can score... We cannot defend. Not ideal.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:39 AM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
4 of Furman's 5 starters average at least 4 3-point attempts/game which means we will likely need at least 4 players on the court can sufficiently guard the perimeter at any given time.

Seems like it would make sense for Davenport to see a lot of time at the 4 with Rap/Vogt/Diarra splitting minutes at the 5.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
we can't play vogt and rap together in this one right? geez.

I'm willing to get just Tari go and live with it. He'll defend and grab boards. Something has to happen at the 4/5 and nobody else seems capable of defending.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
If rap and Vogt play together for anything more than a 4 min segment.... it’s a rap
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:43 AM   #8
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
If rap and Vogt play together for anything more than a 4 min segment.... it’s a rap
I would like to see some kind of adjustments being made. Don’t think I’m alone there. More Eason maybe, maybe not 30+ minutes for Keith or Vogt. Try different things.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I’d like to see Gabe get in the game as well, and Harvey HAS to get more minutes. I actually like Brannen and have faith in him, but his lack of adjustments is worrisome. I truly believe we have the talent to be a good team, we have got to find the combos that work though and I just don’t think he is trying enough different ones.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #10
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I’d like to see Gabe get in the game as well, and Harvey HAS to get more minutes. I actually like Brannen and have faith in him, but his lack of adjustments is worrisome. I truly believe we have the talent to be a good team, we have got to find the combos that work though and I just don’t think he is trying enough different ones.
He literally ditched and changed his entire offensive scheme to fit around Jarron...
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote