sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Tennessee

This is an incredible preview written by a Vols fan:

https://statsbywill.com/2020/12/11/s...-cincinnati/2/

A snippet:
Quote:
Cincinnati is going Full 2004 and running out a double-big starting lineup of 7’1” Chris Vogt And 6’10” Rapolas Ivanauskas...it’s worth noting that 6’8” Tari Eason, a freshman, started against Furman…but I am a little alarmed of the presence of a Large Boy Lineup. Mainly, I fear Tennessee would run out Uros Plavsic and Fulkerson together as a response, which helps no one and only makes me very sad...That said, Brannen seems to be leaning away from the Large Boy Lineup, as it’s been pretty brutal defensively through three games. More on that later.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #2
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
It will be in the ESPN app. If you have cable, the SEC Network Alternate channel should pop up in your guide. It won't be on YoutubeTV or HuluLive though, so you'll have to use the ESPN app.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
It will be in the ESPN app. If you have cable, the SEC Network Alternate channel should pop up in your guide. It won't be on YoutubeTV or HuluLive though, so you'll have to use the ESPN app.
Thanks, I just saw the game on the future events espn app.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

A snippet:

He called it here.

Quote:
Here’s the issue: I actually think most of what Cincinnati does, in terms of shot quality, is perfectly fine. They actually take a below-average number of mid-range twos and get 54.6% of their shots overall either at the rim or in the paint, which is almost 7% above the national average. Their ratio of corner threes to above-the-break threes isn’t quite what I’d want as a coach, but it’s nothing awful. They just…don’t appear to have any excellent shooters.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

A snippet:
Would agree here...that may be the best opposing team preview I have ever seen on us. Hell it may be better than most of our own pundit previews of our own team. Superb job and almost exactly spot on in every way.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
He called it here.
Yah...we don't have any excellent shooters and if we do they are not playing.

He also broke down all of our problems on D so far. Not blowing up screens, fouling too much, not forcing a high enough % of jumpers, leaving too many open 3's, and allowing too many easy 2's. That's not a "How to"...that is a "How to Not" play defense.

He talked about how the Vogt/Rap combo was not working of course. Other than Eason I think he nailed every player review. He pointed to 6 TO's and 6 pts for Eason but 4 of those TO's were in game 1 and Brannen seems to have pulled back the reins on his offensive game for now in order to play him extended minutes.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:34 PM   #7
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Tennessee will settle for mid-range over getting to the rim so we have to stay in front to force them into that. They took 26 mid-range shots and had 11 dunks/close to the rim shots in their first game. Last year they took more mid-range than around the rim.

We have to make them take those and if they go in they go in.

Our strategy basically needs to be what that write up said their strategy is for keith.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #8
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Tennessee will settle for mid-range over getting to the rim so we have to stay in front to force them into that. They took 26 mid-range shots and had 11 dunks/close to the rim shots in their first game. Last year they took more mid-range than around the rim.

We have to make them take those and if they go in they go in.

Our strategy basically needs to be what that write up said their strategy is for keith.
The guy points out his write up, Tennessee's shot selection was quite good when Colorado played man-to-man, but the struggled in the 2nd-half against the zone. For that reason, he is afraid of our 1-3-1 zone. Little does he know that all our 1-3-1 zone is give up open corner 3's and rebound poorly, not something for other teams to fear.

I see this as a test game, thus far we aren't really sure how good we are or how good the teams we've played are. Tennessee looks good, probably top 25 good (and by their ranking, quite a few people think better than top 25 good).

I expect them to beat us comfortably, but hope I am wrong. The best hope we have is to take advantage of Vogt's size inside and get their bigs in foul trouble. Unless our defense pulls a miracle turn-around, they are going to rack up points. I doubt we can keep up.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #9
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Looks like a lot of the betting action has gone our way since the line opened up at +9. It's down to +7 now.

Hoping to see us play loose and confident. My expectations are low so if we can make it a competitive game down the stretch then I'll be satisfied.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:09 AM   #10
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
What channel is the game on?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote